Saint Laurent F/W 2020.21 : Freja Beha Erichsen, Laetitia Casta & Debra Shaw by Juergen Teller

This has better shape up to be one heck of an advertising campaign because Vaccarello's collection deserved a whole lot more than what this first image appears to be offering. I'm seeing the Guy Bordin inspiration but I'm not impressed - AT ALL.

I'm seeing the Guy Bordin inspiration but I'm not impressed - AT ALL.

Guy Bourdin’s images worked not just because of what they depicted but because they were also a window into the man himself… several levels of voyeurism, where we see what he sees through his lens – but we're also watching the unsettling personal preoccupation he has with these women in his own mind, and that when he made his images, he’s not speaking to us as much as he was talking to himself.

So anyone can reproduce something that looks Bourdin-like in terms of pose or colour, but the psychological element is likely to be entirely missing.

So anyone can reproduce something that looks Bourdin-like in terms of pose or colour, but the psychological element is likely to be entirely missing.

I think that Craig McDean really interpreted the spirit of Bourdin wonderfully for the campaigns he did for FW 2003 and SS 2004.

Even if I get what Teller is doing with Vaccarello’s YSL, I think his work for Stefano was far more superior.

I really hope the whole campaign was shot in a very beautiful, classic bourgeois interior!

Granted Teller does have some off preoccupation with Freja and Binx, who once posed in his sweaty running shorts, but for him to even try and imitate Bourdin is laughable. On a superficial level, they're polar opposites. Teller's women are very worn and haggard, often in dour settings.

The shot looks ok. Does not look like his work at all, which should be a plus for me.

Yeah this does not do the collection justice...

giphy.gif

It's a pity that such a fabulous collection will be ruined by Juergen's cheap vision. He did a good job last season, but this doesn't look promising at all... However, based on the previous campaign I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until more images are released.

I love this collection, hope we get to see more fierce image to represent.

I don't understand why Vaccarello insists on booking Teller every season?? He does beautiful collections but these campaigns are just so uninspiring.

I really think some body diversity for them would be nice. Some of the pieces are so sexy and would look amazing on a voluptuous woman they’re too caught up on this heroin chic style of the 2000s

Laetitia Casta is on the first
i wonder why taking models while you shot their bodyparts in such sketch-y backstage manner?
the collection itself is not really for sale, but totally for shooting and PR-purposes, why they made such blank images with such cast?

ysl ig

^Basic anatomy would say you're correct, her head cannot be almost as wide as her shoulders...looks like her head was pasted on her 12 year-old self's torso

Unfortunately all those backshots just remind me of people farting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->