Saint Laurent S/S 2019 Paris

The first half is literally Zara. Which is okay because Hedi's Saint Laurent was also Zara.

the ending is my fave, so many sexy looks. loved the water ! stunning.

i want to see the details though these pics and the video didn't really show enough

I find this rather embarrassing. I refuse to believe that it's a coincidence that the season Hedi comes back, Vaccarello (or Mr Pinault) decide to do a "Hedi for Saint Laurent retrospective". The copies are so literal that it's offensive!
And the other part of it is Saint Laurent by Tom Ford. I mean, the copies are so literal that i can name the seasons!
S/S2002 for the animalier, some part of S/S 2003 and a bit of FW 2001!

I'm upset because he has managed to make the Saint Laurent look evolve into something else than the rock chick thing!
It doesn't matter that it's well done and that the cut is a little bit more round than with Slimane. It's unacceptable!

It's like three collections in one: 1- the first 10 looks; 2- the whole middle section which is a super lame ripoff from Hedi's S/S 15, down to the shoes and styling; 3- the last part which looks like some weird Cavalli tribute.

Just to say again: the most pathetic tenure ever. Hopefully now that Hedi is back this charlatan will get the boot.

I find this rather embarrassing. I refuse to believe that it's a coincidence that the season Hedi comes back, Vaccarello (or Mr Pinault) decide to do a "Hedi for Saint Laurent retrospective". The copies are so literal that it's offensive!
And the other part of it is Saint Laurent by Tom Ford. I mean, the copies are so literal that i can name the seasons!

I'm upset because he has managed to make the Saint Laurent look evolve into something else than the rock chick thing!
It doesn't matter that it's well done and that the cut is a little bit more round than with Slimane. It's unacceptable!

I was about to say: " this the most Hedi Slimane collection by not Hedi Slimane". I think it was done on purpose to keep followers at SLP and not luring at Celine by Hedi Slimane.

I like it for what it is, nothing more.

The second half was beautiful : the jewelry, the girls, the soundtrack. It reminded me of Eyes Wide Shut's atmosphere and infamous scene with the girls in circle.

Last edited:

Also the stars instantly brought to mind Pilati SS 2008.

I really got no beef with this collection, it’s kind of how I want a current Saint Laurent collection to play out...

If there’s any designer I want consistency out of is SLP under Anthony V. He gets sexy, he gets street wear...and he’s most certainly not trying to shove logomania or for the most part ugly things down our throat..

You give me a show with Anja Rubik in the sexiest look of the collection and I’ll be squealing like a Japanese School Girl!

But for goodness sake don’t close a show like that with an underwhelming model like Julia Nobrain-is.

Probably not his best show at SL, but I still liked it, I'm a sucker for his aesthetic.

Probably not his best show at SL, but I still liked it, I'm a sucker for his aesthetic.
You mean Hedi Slimane's aesthetic because this is pretty much a photocopy of his Spring 2015 collection, which in itself was nothing more than a Forever 21 version of early 70s YSL.

You mean Hedi Slimane's aesthetic because this is pretty much a photocopy of his Spring 2015 collection, which in itself was nothing more than a Forever 21 version of early 70s YSL.

They have the same references but by no means is this a photocopy.

AV’s aesthetic is more grown up. There’s a sense of design there even if his execution is not as sharp. I find it to be quite different from Hedi, especially his previous outings. This is his weakest. I wish he would have edited this a bit more but I love his SLP even if Hedi laid down the framework for this

They need to hire a proper men’s designer though . AV’s accessories are miles better as well

Dame Anna Wintour must not be happy with all those head-to-toe black looks
"Stefano, where is the color?" still keep ringing
giphy.gif

and all those swimwear? WTF??
like he was a college student running out of time to finish his essay, and he decided to use quotations as much as possible to make it done before deadline, lazy and cheap.

I do appreciate that Anthony has been able to inject sex into the Hedi formula for Saint Laurent. It may not be novel, but it's honestly way better than the cracked out and tortured looking shows of Hedi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BonnieRunway
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->