Saint Laurent S/S 2020 Paris

vogue.com

Last edited:
ok collection

his first few were his best now it's a bit autopilot. i do not like these shorts combos hes doing every season now.

love some of the dresses. and the boots.

vogue.com

Last edited:
Ah, Vaccarello. I admit I have a soft spot for him.

No one can put a better show than him. Saint Laurent might be the only show I bother to watch the livestream of. The music, light, setting, ambience, casting are always on point!!

That being said, the looks needed A LOT of editing - I felt like I saw the same looks twice or 3 times even - and he didn't really bring anything new or exciting to the table. But I like the 70's inspired part of show. And having Naomi closing the show was a nice surprise too.

I saw the cut-off blue jeans at the beginning and thought ' $h*t on a stick!'
but I like the collection overall. A bit of glitzy late 70s vibe to it.
Disappointing that nearly the entire collection is black and gold.
Color is not the work of the devil.

The clothes are good, but it's the same deal as Maria - there's nothing new. However, YSL woman can pull off sexy, whereas a Dior woman can't because the clothes are too boring. You could easily merge all Vaccarello's collections into one endless show of sequins, leather and t*ts and no one would even notice.
I must admit I do like it, though. I'd buy it, I'd wear it. Venue is as good as ever and his cast of models is always excellent. Great seeing Naomi in the end, the woman is ageless and looks great as ever.

Thank you. a Theyskens Theory spring 2012 deluxe remake is exactly what we need now.
Embroidery truly makes the most of it. I feel enlightened after this one in a lifetime experience. Thank you again.

Basic and safe collection full of references from YSL archives. Lots of micro-skirts and hot pants as always Vaccarello makes.

I was expecting nothing from him. Another commercial collection full of clothes and empty of actual creation.

Everything looks the same.

Closing with Naomi?? Absolutely cringe material.

The only interesting thing he’s done in his career are these black, curved and shaped necklines...they’re pretty here and when he’s done them the last few seasons, but they’re lost in the endless parade of expensive Kooples fare.

No one can put a better show than him. Saint Laurent might be the only show I bother to watch the livestream of. The music, light, setting, ambience, casting are always on point!!

I kept holding my breath, waiting for someone to slip on that wet concrete. :ninja: Couldn't agree more, it's the only show I bother to watch live, there's always a sense of showmanship and entertainment with his shows. There was something strange about this one though, the music and the light show were kind of off? Like all the individual elements of the show were good but nothing really blended together seamlessly.

The collection itself was boring and safe too. Vacarello doesn't always get it right but usually there's a sense of experimentation and fun, an over-the-top Parisian tackiness. This one looked like full of straight-to-boutique merchandise. What happened to the five figure fantasy pieces this season?

I like his Saint Laurent and I like the collection overall but I do miss his bombastic mini dresses from not too long ago.

The collection is fine but it's really just more of the same stuff he usually does. Meh.

It felt more legitimate in 2017 and 2018. This feels like a farce of his early few collections for YSL

Saint Laurent is like Dior...They are selling a very accessible and expensive product. Everybody can understand it, everybody can make something out of it.
It sells...
Vaccarello is not comfortable with Yves’s work so when he does references to YSL, it’s usually a vintage dress cut short.

The collection really started with Stella Tennant. It’s Auto-pilot Vaccarello but it works. I’m a tailoring type of woman and i’m always here for sequins and tailoring. I see that he tried to emulate Yves’s shoulder but I dont’ think the cut felt modern because he didn’t emphasize on the waist.
The kind of strong shoulder + generous lapel is something that Tom and Hedi does well for example.

As for the cast, seeing Naomi doesn’t make me excited anymore. It’s a very expected appearance and look for her...Even if I will always remember her in that fabulous YSL campaign by Stefano 11 years ago. She looked fabulous!

Does anyone know if Alastair Mckimm styled the show as per usual? I'm thinking he probably can't have Saint Laurent as a client now as he is not i-D EiC...

it's an OK collection. He's capable of doing better.

I like when he takes risk with proportions and taste. This is too safe. I found him to take more risk when he was doing his namesake and I wish he had that ambition because I think he's better designer with actual ideas than his predecessor.

The middle of the collection with the embroidered pieces before all of the black is beautiful and all of the girls look so cool, carefree and sexy. I can't wait to see them when they arrive in stores.

Yawn at booking Naomi and having her in a Black Tuxedo. She's done it all so nothing will be shocking at this point but I probably would have had her in a sheer dress, swimsuit, or anything other than what she is in.

:ermm:

The first part was ugly, unflattering, uninspiring and GOD what a weird cut some pieces have. The second part is the same old thing, but this time with a extra dose of the usual bad styling.

There is some good pieces, the problem is that at this point im bored and done with his SL.

Last edited:
It’s safe it’s boring it’s commercial af there’s nothing here we’ve never seen before but almost everything here is something I would wear on a day to day basis so I am not complaining :doh: I mean who wouldn’t love a sequined jumpsuit from time to time :bounce:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k3lse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->