Saint Laurent S/S 2024 by David Sims

At first I thought Michael Stipe was John Malkovich which means... I don't know what. Something, I'm sure.

Brilliant portraits of Diana and Lauren!

Love the one with Lauren Hutton ! Great energy and her smile is contagious !!

Nice to see Lauren, but I have the opposite impression. She’s giving that smiley-happy face in all appearances except the VI by Klein shoot.

Michael Stipe looks weirdly hot, considering he’s like 65. But then who wouldn’t look sexy in YSL?

so far so good but I would love to see all those earthy tones from the collection in colour!

a proper Summer Goddess campaign is what I’ve been craving for this upcoming season… we won’t have it with YSL clearly but at least it’s a well executed one.

Loving all the legends in the campaign. I wish Lauren Hutton was photographed in a different angle, this makes her legs appear much smaller.

One more!

Such a great shot. I love the reference to Loulou de la Falaise.

Overall, this is a really flawless campaign. Big celebrity names used right; it feels very Saint Laurent and, at the same time, very Vaccarello as well. Even though they are recycling the same formula for (too) many seasons, this is really efficient. I cannot wait to see the ads in real life.

Always a delight to see Lauren Hutton! Might not as much as a surprise as Diana Ross but Hutton is very much-welcomed here - and what a gorgeous portrait. I do adore how David Sims manages to capture the true persona is his subjects. Lauren's campaign image, as simple as it is, is so full of energy and life!

those shots with michael stipe are superb. what a great yet unlikely match!

Legends everywhere. Very eclectic group by the way.

It’s the resort campaign btw…

NO, my lovely @Lola701! It's D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y:

SAINT LAURENT S/S 2024
Photography:
David Sims
Art direction: Anthony Vaccarello
Hair: Duffy & Jawara
Make-up: Diane Kendal & Lucia Pieroni
Models/Celebrities: Lauren Hutton, Diana Ross & Michael Stipe

reeditionmagazine.com

NO, my lovely @Lola701! It's D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y:

SAINT LAURENT S/S 2024
Photography:
David Sims
Art direction: Anthony Vaccarello
Hair: Duffy & Jawara
Make-up: Diane Kendal & Lucia Pieroni
Models/Celebrities: Lauren Hutton, Diana Ross & Michael Stipe

reeditionmagazine.com
Spring is the name for resort at YSL…
No jumpsuits or cargo pants in this campaign so far.

Reading d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y with my French accent was almost hilarious to me. Lol

I actually think that Vaccarello's tenure is the most racially diverse Saint Laurent has been since Ford's days and Awar Odhiang seems to be a favourite of his.

That said, I find the approach (not just at Saint Laurent, but throughout the industry) to be quite calculated, like there's this perfect "white girl look", "black girl look", "asian girl look" that permeates throughout almost every casting.

The industry was considerably more diverse back in the 70s/80s/90s, but I think that today's industry like to conveniently dismiss that fact in order to present their over-corporatised system as more healthy and accepting (when it isn't). It doesn't help that finding shows dated before 1998 is difficult unless the brand has a full public video archive à la Dries Van Noten.
Makes you want to Stop in the name of Love

This is how you do it. Love that it is returning YSL to its affection for Black Models, and that Diana agreed to do this. At her level, she could've easily declined. So important for us to pay respect to legends while we have them.
She played Donyale Luna in Mahogany FFS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->