Saint Laurent #YSL02 : Anja Rubik by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

acid washed denim jacket?

I was hoping for some colour, this looks more like it could be for his own label. Not the clothes, the mood etc. I thought he was going to put his own stamp to SL. Anyway, it's just one shot (which belongs in VP tbh!).

and let me guess, her pockets are stuffed with cigarettes and macaroons...

I swear, the Paris cliché can be one of the most revolting in fashion (followed closely by Manhattan's "it's lonely at the top- just me, skyscrapers, my money-laundering business and my limousine"). This looks like an outtake of one of those tragic Vogue Spain rip-offs of the cheesy Vogue Paris stories. And as expected, it makes Hedi's ultra dull campaigns look like a golden era for the house lol...

and let me guess, her pockets are stuffed with cigarettes and macaroons...

I swear, the Paris cliché can be one of the most revolting in fashion (followed closely by Manhattan's "it's lonely at the top- just me, skyscrapers, my money-laundering business and my limousine"). This looks like an outtake of one of those tragic Vogue Spain rip-offs of the cheesy Vogue Paris stories. And as expected, it makes Hedi's ultra dull campaigns look like a golden era for the house lol...

:lol: Trust me, without La Parisienne, the French marketing machine is left with nothing. They'll need an outsider to come in and innovate, like Slimane did. It's actually quite arrogant, yet sad, when you think of it. That whatever they create must go through this 'french allure' chaff grinder, in order to make it more palatable to audiences. This is such an outdated, redundant marketing nuance which should've been abandoned ages ago. Doubt we'll see the end of it anytime soon. Not while the likes of Sandro etc, whose sole existence seems to be to keep that fire fuelled, is still thriving.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still don't get the point of releasing two ad campaigns before actually showing a collection.
And that tan line is very disturbing.

I find this pretty contrived. I'd ask, where's the originality? only, I don't think it's about that. Unfortunately, it feels like they're trying to sell an image that is wildly redundant.

I've been watching too much RuPaul, because my first thought was that she could have tucked better.

What a tough crowd this is. Haha

To me it feels a bit more rocker, glamourous, kind of where Christophe Decarnin was at with Balmain before he left.

I'm really anticipating this collection and I find his own label to be very one note but I do hope he can do something great at Saint Laurent

Promising but I'll refrain judgement until I see the whole campaign.

I've been watching too much RuPaul, because my first thought was that she could have tucked better.

I let out a Latrice laugh reading this. So wrong :lol:

They're really not interested in anything other than continuing Hedi's YSL it seems...

Amica October 2016 & Elle France September 23, 2016 Digital Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
The last shot with the earrings is beyond great. Maybe the best shot from a Saint Laurent campaign since 2011...

Oh yes totally, like his projection of the YSL woman better so far than Hedi's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coutureitgirlxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->