Salvatore Ferragamo F/W 10.11 Milan

this the lacks sleekness of Ortiz , I honestly think she was unfairly treated . Sarah Mower can be such a Byatch, I mean all of Ortiz collections were great , but I think Mower's consistent bad reviews did have a good deal in her letting go. Mower would say her designs were too louche , and if they were tailored , too "stuffy", which is utter bs

Last edited by a moderator:
So the menswear designer is now in charge of womenswear now?

I have to admit I actually quite enjoyed this a bit compared to the few past seasons. I like that it's not as edgy and a lot more softer. I also get a bit of a Chloe vibe from some of the looks which is probably why I like it so much.

I really want to see all the shoes and bags from this collection, can't wait for the full collection to be posted!

^^^ I noticed that too, in fact there is a strong Hannah Mcgibbon Chloe vibe in the clothes ,except here its actually done much better. Its obvious they are targettig a young customer as oppose the older one , which Ferragamo has done in the past. I have to admit I really do like full sleeve jumpsuits in this collection.

I really miss Cristina. She was a designer who consistently designed clothes that flatter a woman very well but unfortunately was underrated in my opinion. I don't think there's anything really special about this collection.

this man is a genius. i loved his work with the menswear collection but this is just amazing. the house of ferragamo has always had an un-fussy sense of luxury about it. this is something all of their core clientel understands. it's a bracelet here, a square toe here, a clutch here, a belt there. this collection has allowed the fashion of the house to reflect that same spirit of effortless extravagance.

I love the colours and the shoes, very wearable and elegant collection, I would definitely wear most of the pieces myself

This is wearable to the right person, but not to me. I've had enough of those leather-bound capes from Chloe.

So the menswear designer is now in charge of womenswear now?

I have to admit I actually quite enjoyed this a bit compared to the few past seasons. I like that it's not as edgy and a lot more softer. I also get a bit of a Chloe vibe from some of the looks which is probably why I like it so much.

Yes, me too! :D

I like this a lot.

The colours are lovely and everything is beautifully cut.

I'm impressed.

^ I agree, especially the looks with the capes.
The looks with the hats immediately made me think of film noir, as if the woman had raided her man's closet. There's a bit of a 70s vibe too. I really like this collection.

^ Yes! :D

I vaguely remember (I was probably only about 5, or 6?!) an advert for Charlie perfume, I think it was?

Where a woman walked into a gentlemen's club in a three piece suit and had her hair tucked up into a cap and she then, of course, took the cap off and her hair fell down and all the men realised she was a woman (like you couldn't tell, anyway, LOL!)!

I think a snooker table was involved, in some way, as well?! :lol:

Anyway, parts of this have a similar vibe to that - the colours and the feminine take on masculinity.

Complete Collection:

00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg

00050m.jpg
00060m.jpg

00070m.jpg
00080m.jpg

style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics