Salvatore Ferragamo F/W 10.11 : Stella, Bimba, Karmen, Kirsten, & Guy by Bruce Weber

Bimba aka Eleonora Bosé :heart:

fashionisima.es

C12934-272-2.jpg

This whole campaign is so catalogue-y. The recent collection wasn't fantastic but it wasn't THIS bad. The kiddies are corny.

I don't like it at all, this is not what I expected from Salvatore Ferragamo .

why is she called bimba? her name was always eleonora, bimba is a moniker
seems like its stella`s child on the picture

V Magazine lists her as 'Bimba Bose' in the official credits of Spanish Bombshells in their latest issue no. 66. So I think that's the name she and her agency wants to be used in credits.

What a very odd campaign, with odd model choices and Bimba's orange hair:shock: but I really like it and Weber does this style like no-one else. He did this kind of thing for Versace once with Stephanie Seymour and some guys.
Anyhow I think seeing the pics as a whole will have a pleasing look. Nice to see Karmen here too.

Ugh Terrible ad,it looks so plain and...ordinary
I don't like the direction Ferragamo is taking with this new Giornetti guy

i don't understand why everyone's so shocked about this campaign. ferragamo is not gucci. ferragamo is not chanel. ferragamo is not vivienne westwood. the ferragamo customer is the grown up abercrombie customer in many ways which is why this bruce weber campaign has strokes of genius from an advertising perspective. this IS the lifestyle the ferragamo customer leads....they do have country houses. and while they may have only have bought gancino belts, gancino bags, silk ties, square toed pumps, and maybe a piece of jewelry in the past, it's introducing them to a full range of products that suit their lifestyle.

it's not going after the gucci and prada customer with these aads, it's going after ralph lauren, burberry, and michael kors demographic.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I disagree. Ferragamo is about glamour, luxury, sophistication and a bit of razzle-dazzle. No way does the Ferragamo customer go on camping trips to Camp Crystal Lake along with the kiddies while wearing $2300 trousers and $700 shoes. Ferragamo is no RL or Michael Kors fashion house, and if that is the direction Massimiliano wants to take the brand, he is making a big mistake, because that is not what the house of Ferragamo represents.

Last edited by a moderator:
grown up abercrombie customer? :rofl: i knew someone would say that since i found out bruce weber did this

i don't understand why everyone's so shocked about this campaign. ferragamo is not gucci. ferragamo is not chanel. ferragamo is not vivienne westwood. the ferragamo customer is the grown up abercrombie customer in many ways which is why this bruce weber campaign has strokes of genius from an advertising perspective. this IS the lifestyle the ferragamo customer leads....they do have country houses. and while they may have only have bought gancino belts, gancino bags, silk ties, square toed pumps, and maybe a piece of jewelry in the past, it's introducing them to a full range of products that suit their lifestyle.

it's not going after the gucci and prada customer with these aads, it's going after ralph lauren, burberry, and michael kors demographic.

well said!

Thanks for posting the entire set. It's classic Weber. I especially like the male shots.

Kristen Owen

Nice campaign, great than Weber is the photographer & good choice of models.

Then it's a misspelling. Her name is Kirsten Owen, not Kristen. And the title of this thread should be corrected :unsure:

why all those awful frozen poses?
in my book, this must be THE ugliest campaign of the season

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"