Salvatore Ferragamo F/W 2019.20 Milan

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Feb 23, 2019.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. vogue28

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

4. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

The shoe designer does clothes and fails. Stick to what you know best. If you're not going going to create anything noteworthy then don't present anything at all. Velvet and Silk might look wonderful on shoes, however when applied to pants it looks unflattering. Remember in The September Issue when Anna WIntour hated those purple pants and called them big? Yeah. This reminded me of that moment. Pinstripes, boiler suits, and leather pajamas? Groundbreaking. This dosen't look high end. The shoes are bad which is quite ironic. You would think they would be the saving grace. The bags are basic and boring. This doesn't need a show. What a waste of money and resources.

5. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

I don’t really get the goal of this.
    Are they trying to have more editorial coverage or are they trying to sell and engage with a customer?

Ferragamo doesn’t have to be edgy. There are some good pieces but it seems like it was done in a bubble, to please the fashion community....But he didn’t went far enough to make it interesting for a fashion customer.

Ferragamo is the typical « luxury customer » type of brand. Someone who wants to look beautiful and who can afford simple beautiful clothes but also someone who has a quite classic style.

There’s a gap in bourgeois dressing now that Bottega Veneta is the new old Celine. So, they should jump there...because between this and Tod’s, I would rather go for the latter.

6. chanelh

chanelh Active Member

why this brand even bothers to spend money on fashion show?? for marketing and branding purpose?? but it doesn't show any that kind effort. so why??

no one cares its RTW, they may just sell bags, shoes and perfume and will just do fine

7. kasper!

kasper! Well-Known Member

Their clothes are just to fulfill the store space. I have been to their Florentine flagship store numerous times but their RTW never leaves me impressed. And what is the theme of those clothes? Every look seems so sperated from each other, you can not even find the main silhouette.

For me their heritage is like Hermès, they have a rich silk archive and Ferragamo really knows some good leather. Too bad no one cares about them.

8. AnaD

AnaD Active Member

I hate everything about this, most of the looks make their slender models look boxy and pregnant, and the shoes and accessories aren't as good as they could have been.

jeanclaude likes this.
  9. gossiping

gossiping Well-Known Member

i like a few pieces but nowhere near as good as the last 2 shows :(