Salvatore Ferragamo S/S 2020 Milan

Looks nice. These bourgeois Italian luxury leather companies all kind of look the same though. I do appreciate the focus and clarity Paul Andrews is bringing to Ferragamo. Starting to feel a little bit like an Italian Hermès. He should push that a bit more in the future.

Strong styling by Jodie Barnes.

Hate the men’s shoes.

It's just so... blah. Nice, but completely unremarkable clothes. I think it really shows that he's an accessory designer, there's little to no fashion dialogue in his collections. Which is fine I guess, does anyone really buy Ferragamo clothes...

I admire Paul Andrew's attempt not to join the universal cult of the Millennial kid, but this collection feels a tad bloodless, if not plain bland.
Such incredible craftsmanship as Ferragamo's should be put to better use.

Somebody is trying to hard and the styling is a mess for me.
And the sock thing is bad here.

I just don’t get this collection...

If I were unfamiliar w/ Ferragamo, I'd never see "luxury shoe brand" just by looking at this collection.

The 2nd-to-last blazer/dress combo is good, and I wish they'd expand more on that, but alas, we get just one of those dresses, and a few ugly-AF crochet dresses (??).

The best part of this collection is the model in the blue jeans and black boots at the end. Model ID, please.

What a painfully generic collection. I mean, those print dresses could be from Marks & Spencer. And I don't know why he insists on that positively awful shade of olive green. It's not going to happen.

Everybody is always talking about Ferragamo, but the actual clothing just doesn't live up to the hype.

It has this overly casual vibe which makes it boring. I feel the brand had more sophistication when Graeme Black and Ortiz were at the helm a decade ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->