Salvatore Ferragamo S/S 2021 by Luca Guadagnino

Cute

Reaction score
Models: Mariacarla Boscono, Maggie Cheng, Jonas Glöer, Samer Rahma and Anok Yai.

ferragamo

Cut directly by Oscar-nominated director Luca Guadagnino from his atmospheric collection film, Salvatore Ferragamo’s campaign for Spring-Summer 2021 is a masterpiece of suspenseful refinement. The portfolio of stills and short video curated by Guadagnino alongside Salvatore Ferragamo Creative Director Paul Andrew draws from the Alfred Hitchcock inspired film, set in Milan, that was shown before the fashion show in September 2020. Conceived as both an homage to Hollywood — the site of our founder’s first success — and to Milan — the location of 21st Century Salvatore Ferragamo’s fashion expression — the campaign combines our heritage of artistic artisanship and technical innovation.

Guadagnino’s ensemble is Mariacarla Boscono, Maggie Cheng, Jonas Glöer, Samer Rahma and Anok Yai. The alchemy of the director's eye brings them together in a series of meaningful mise-en-scenes that are ripe with intrigue and suspense, and in which Paul Andrew's beautiful Technicolor hued-designs co-star. The monocolor slingback VIVA, reborn F-wedge, and mens’ Gancini driving shoe serve as footwear foundation for powerfully co-ordinated ready-to-wear looks in femme fatale black nappa, powder blue chambray tailoring and heriocally perforated white leather jacketing for men. Strikingly luxurious bags punctuate provocatively throughout: key cameo players include a new top-handled Trifolio bag, unexpectedly accessorised Studio bags, and a striking new cylinder-shape bag in Technicolor yellow that homages Tippi Hendren’s fateful prop in Alfred Hitchcock’s “Marnie”.

Last edited:
Genius! Loving the mood and scenery!!

gorgeous photos! great campaign

not a fan of the color grading/color balance, but that's just me.. think it could be much stronger with a simpler retouch

I love this very much. He literally elevated the entire collection that was just okay. Also love the casting as well.

The film is good, which immediately reminds me of his fashion p*rn "Io sono l'amore", but the ad campaign is not on par with the film.

love the video!
seeing the clothes in motion makes you actually want to see people dressed in Ferragamo walking by.
the ad campaign shots are weaker then the video for some reason...

kudos to Mariacarla for nabbing campaign after campaign on a regular!

love the video!
seeing the clothes in motion makes you actually want to see people dressed in Ferragamo walking by.
the ad campaign shots are weaker then the video for some reason...

kudos to Mariacarla for nabbing campaign after campaign on a regular!

I agree, she is more than consistent with campaign and runway bookings. Very interesting career actually.

The campaign is beautiful, I expected no less from Luca Guadagnino. I enjoy fashion imagery where you can tell there is a vision or a narrative. Too often it feels that nobody working on set actually cares enough about what they produce.

as much as i love ferragamo, this just feels really dull and boring. not a single photo strikes me and that picture of mariacarla crossing the street - is she about to trip on that pavement?

they need to develop some authentic visual language. so far the only formula they've been using is a very forced multiracial casting, pushing the products blatantly (a pump falling out of a pocket, bag full of purses? lol) and zero storytelling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->