San Diego Shopping

boredalready

Reaction score
I'm visiting my aunt in San Diego with my brother, and I thought we could go shopping while my brother's surfing. I've already posted this on another site, and this is what I've come up with: Gaslamp District, Pacific Beach, Fashion Valley, University Town Center, Mission Valley Mall, Downtown La Jolla, Horton Plaza, Carlsbad Company Stores, and San Ysidro. Any other good spots? If not, which of the above is best for bargains/vintage stuff? Thanks in advance!

All of those places are kinda generic. They're pretty much the same kinda stores you'd find at any other mall-type places. Carlsbad Company Stores has a bunch of outlets so that might be something cool for you.

Im heading out to san diego next week...where should i shop guys?

does anyone know if there is an AA outlet at the carlsbad outlets?

and are there any other cool shopping places besides all the ones mentioned?

Raych, I'm not sure what the instructions for these people are but I was at Otay Ranch's H&M a few weeks ago and when I asked the sales woman if they'd be carrying the line, she also said yes, and then added that there would actually be a bigger selection of the line at the upcoming H&M in Fashion Valley (downtown San Diego) that opens Oct 30th. I was pretty thrilled. but just today while browing HM.com, I read that 1) San Diego is not on the flyer, 2) there's no H&M opening in Fashion Valley but in Plaza Bonita (National City).. minutes away but still and 3) Plaza Bonita's H&M opens on Oct 16th and not 30th.
I don't know.. I don't think the sales people know much about it anyway, at least they evidently got their information all mixed up.. we should trust their website instead of their employees, they seem almost detached from upcoming projects.. :unsure:

Raych, I'm not sure what the instructions for these people are but I was at Otay Ranch's H&M a few weeks ago and when I asked the sales woman if they'd be carrying the line, she also said yes, and then added that there would actually be a bigger selection of the line at the upcoming H&M in Fashion Valley (downtown San Diego) that opens Oct 30th. I was pretty thrilled. but just today while browing HM.com, I read that 1) San Diego is not on the flyer, 2) there's no H&M opening in Fashion Valley but in Plaza Bonita (National City).. minutes away but still and 3) Plaza Bonita's H&M opens on Oct 16th and not 30th.
I don't know.. I don't think the sales people know much about it anyway, at least they evidently got their information all mixed up.. we should trust their website instead of their employees, they seem almost detached from upcoming projects.. :unsure:

H&M WILL open a store in Fashion Valley this month. Believe me, I've been watching and waiting like a vulture over a dying animal! It's going to be a huge store too, maybe even bigger than the one at Irvine Spectrum.

I'm baffled by opening a store at Plaza Bonita. That mall sucks and there's a lot of crime. Why not Carlsbad or UTC first?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to know, though I feel more confused now cause national city is all there is at hm.com, wonder if they're opening 2 stores in less than 15 days..

11ttw5z.jpg

[hm]

and yeah, the sales woman also said the fashion valley store was going to be huge. what have you seen?, how huge are we talking here? :shifty:. more than one floor?.

I don't remember Plaza Bonita but I suppose Fashion Valley isn't the nicest pick either. at the risk of sounding like a snob, I know that whatever hits there is bound to get way overexposed.. thankfully I'm moving to the end of the world in some months so my eyes won't get to see the hollister-loving crowd sporting H&M coats in the middle of summer. :argg:

Making the trip to San Diego for spring break. I know people have asked this before to no avail, but if you know of any can't-miss-them shops, I'd love to hear about them. :flower:

might drop by san diego this june. not shopping related, but i'm planning to stay either at imperial beach or coronado island... which is better? :smile:

might drop by san diego this june. not shopping related, but i'm planning to stay either at imperial beach or coronado island... which is better? :smile:

Coronado. Very nice area, closer to downtown and anything else worth seeing. Some parts of IB can be rather skeezy.

^ not a hair expert here but I'm pretty sure it must be available at Saco Salon and French Twist. All in the downtown area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->