San Juan Designers

I especially like this from Stella Nolasco...maybe I can find the combo somewhere down there?

I kinda like David Antonio... it looks Latin, fresh, but not tacky at all.

I liked the seventh dress on Eddie Guerrero's second page...and the guys in that show look scary :(

Originally posted by Diesel21@Aug 13 2004, 04:00 PM
I'm traveling to San Juan in October and am curious to check out some local designers...Anyone here ever heard of any of these designers?...their stuff looks really good
http://www.sanjuanfashion.com/html/showpho...asp?did=8&cid=1
[snapback]331162[/snapback]​

So....I just checked out all those pics from the link - and I've gotta say that, those are some of the ugliest clothes I've EVER seen.

I love those looks... so colorful, but nothing too out-there. How pretty..

Enjoy San Juan!

I enjoyed looking at this site again...I first saw it about 6 months ago. I think most of these designers are catering to a different market, one that is not fully catered to in the continental United States. It is a these are Caribbean looks, and it is not that easy to get, or understand, if you are in Boston, or England or another place that might value more austere or minimalistic clothes.

I thought designers like Harry Robles, Stella Nolasco, David Antonio, Sonia (cant remember last name) had some looks that were interesting, marketable, and individualistic. Their collections were not all that tight, or well edited but whatever.

Some of the other designers had pieces that were okay...nothing to look twice at. With some the cheese factor was so thick I felt sick.

Where I think all of these designers could benefit is in styling...Some of those pieces were not isolated or displayed properly, or were worn by models with the wrong body-type to pull off the designs. This is where I now really appreciate well edited, well styled, and well conceived collections more after seeing this.

Overall great to see some color finally done with some enthusiasm. I'd like to see more!

Originally posted by marrimoda@Aug 19 2004, 02:11 PM
I enjoyed looking at this site again...I first saw it about 6 months ago. I think most of these designers are catering to a different market, one that is not fully catered to in the continental United States. It is a these are Caribbean looks, and it is not that easy to get, or understand, if you are in Boston, or England or another place that might value more austere or minimalistic clothes.

I thought designers like Harry Robles, Stella Nolasco, David Antonio, Sonia (cant remember last name) had some looks that were interesting, marketable, and individualistic. Their collections were not all that tight, or well edited but whatever.

Some of the other designers had pieces that were okay...nothing to look twice at. With some the cheese factor was so thick I felt sick.

Where I think all of these designers could benefit is in styling...Some of those pieces were not isolated or displayed properly, or were worn by models with the wrong body-type to pull off the designs. This is where I now really appreciate well edited, well styled, and well conceived collections more after seeing this.

Overall great to see some color finally done with some enthusiasm. I'd like to see more!
[snapback]338592[/snapback]​

well said....I can't wait to get down there and check them out, I reall like some of these designer's pieces. I hope they are available at retail stores or better if they have boutiques :unsure:

I have seen most of the shows of these designers, my favorite ones are Stella Nolasco, Harry Robles and Nono Maldonado, to me they have the most talent, some of them have no talent at all IMO. Most of the have their own boutiques here in San Juan. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"