San Juan Designers

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Diesel21, Aug 13, 2004.

1. Diesel21

Diesel21 New Member

2. Diesel21

Diesel21 New Member

I especially like this from Stella Nolasco...maybe I can find the combo somewhere down there?

3. Diesel21

Diesel21 New Member

Luis Antonio...I love the look of the double belt here

4. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

I kinda like David Antonio... it looks Latin, fresh, but not tacky at all.

I liked the seventh dress on Eddie Guerrero's second page...and the guys in that show look scary :(

5. Hed_Kandi

Hed_Kandi New Member

So....I just checked out all those pics from the link - and I've gotta say that, those are some of the ugliest clothes I've EVER seen.

6. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I love those looks... so colorful, but nothing too out-there. How pretty..

Enjoy San Juan!

7. marrimoda

marrimoda doing it

I enjoyed looking at this site again...I first saw it about 6 months ago. I think most of these designers are catering to a different market, one that is not fully catered to in the continental United States. It is a these are Caribbean looks, and it is not that easy to get, or understand, if you are in Boston, or England or another place that might value more austere or minimalistic clothes.

I thought designers like Harry Robles, Stella Nolasco, David Antonio, Sonia (cant remember last name) had some looks that were interesting, marketable, and individualistic. Their collections were not all that tight, or well edited but whatever.

Some of the other designers had pieces that were okay...nothing to look twice at. With some the cheese factor was so thick I felt sick.

Where I think all of these designers could benefit is in styling...Some of those pieces were not isolated or displayed properly, or were worn by models with the wrong body-type to pull off the designs. This is where I now really appreciate well edited, well styled, and well conceived collections more after seeing this.

Overall great to see some color finally done with some enthusiasm. I'd like to see more!

8. Diesel21

Diesel21 New Member

well said....I can't wait to get down there and check them out, I reall like some of these designer's pieces. I hope they are available at retail stores or better if they have boutiques :unsure:

9. *Jibrielle*

*Jibrielle* New Member

I have seen most of the shows of these designers, my favorite ones are Stella Nolasco, Harry Robles and Nono Maldonado, to me they have the most talent, some of them have no talent at all IMO. Most of the have their own boutiques here in San Juan. ^^

#9 *Jibrielle*, Mar 27, 2006
    Last edited by moderator lilmountaingrrl: Mar 27, 2006