Sarah Michelle Gellar

SiennaInLondon

Reaction score
Why do I love this girl to bits? Before I watched her on TV and in movies I could not believe she was a Hollywood star -she was just so... I dont want to say ugly but... she didn't have a very orthodox or traditionally beautiful face. But years of watching Buffy and obsessing over the show and seeing her everyday made me fall in love with her face. Whereas before her nose bothered me, now it seems architectural. Whereas her eyebrows used to seem droopy, they now seem like the natural alternative to the endless browlifted celebrities. Her skin went from pasty to angelic and dewy. She has grown endlessly and she is one of those actresses you have to know to love because then her personality comes through. In interviews she seems brilliant, driven and quick-witted -as a co-star once commented, a 'whippersnapper'. As for her fashion sense, she rarely gets it wrong but is overlooked as a fashion icon. Her profile seems very low at the moment because without Buffy and without an obvious star-making movie vehicle she is not the starlet du jour... which is strange because most people know who she is and because I remember when she was the Micha Barton of the 90s. I suppose that is why she doesn't have a thread but I thought I'd start one as a thankyou for Buffy and as a toast to her career to come.

Attachments

• Beautiful Sarah.JPG
    Beautiful Sarah.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Gara Danielle.JPG
    Gara Danielle.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Sarah 11.JPG
    Sarah 11.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Sarah and David.JPG
    Sarah and David.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Scooby Doo Press Conference 2002.JPG
    Scooby Doo Press Conference 2002.JPG
    15.1 KB · Views: 17
Her beautiful green eyes:

Attachments

• Sarah Earrings.JPG
    Sarah Earrings.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 15
  • UPN Press Conference 2001.JPG
    UPN Press Conference 2001.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Sarah Eyes.JPG
    Sarah Eyes.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Sarah Eyes 1.JPG
    Sarah Eyes 1.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 13
The charity work:

Attachments

• Help Replant.JPG
    Help Replant.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Habitat for Humanity.JPG
    Habitat for Humanity.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Habitat for Humanity 2.JPG
    Habitat for Humanity 2.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Habitat for Humanity 3.JPG
    Habitat for Humanity 3.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Habitat for Humanity 7.JPG
    Habitat for Humanity 7.JPG
    22.9 KB · Views: 14
Now to the important stuff... the fashion!

The pic with Selma and Mandy is Cavalli
The Black and White outfit is by Vera Wang
The shoes of the pink outfit are Gucci but I dont know about the rest

Attachments

• Selma Sarah and Mandy.JPG
    Selma Sarah and Mandy.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Sarah Gucci Shoes.JPG
    Sarah Gucci Shoes.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 33
  • Glamour Women of the Year 2003.JPG
    Glamour Women of the Year 2003.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Heart of Gold Dinner.JPG
    Heart of Gold Dinner.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 16
oh yay...i have always loved her as well...Buffy was my life !!!! i was so sad that it got cancelled and shocked that she never got an emmy nomination, especialy for the episode where her mom died and in the episode where they all lose their voices and the show was completely mute......she was so brilliant.....she is such a great actress.....she just made buffy such a real character in a show tha pushed reality so far out of the way and that is not easy.......i hope that she will eventualy become one of those actresses that comes back with a boom

Last edited by a moderator:
Foley top -not my favourite look!

Attachments

• Foley and Corinna Top.JPG
    Foley and Corinna Top.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 22
Pretty vest and BCBG dress and Chloe glasses

Attachments

• Bantivoglio Sarah.JPG
    Bantivoglio Sarah.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 28
  • BCBG and Chloe glasses.JPG
    BCBG and Chloe glasses.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 26
That awesome BCBG dress which I also own :innocent:

Attachments

• BCBG.JPG
    BCBG.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 58
She kind of became my inspiration when my doctor took a routine x-ray and found I had mild scoliosis. Sarah has scoliosis as well. I know it sounds stupid, but it makes you feel better when a famous person has something (not necessarily good) in common with you. I am also currently doing community service with Habitat for Humanity, one of Sarah's favorite charities. :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
TourniquetMX said:
She kind of became my inspiration when my doctor took a routine x-ray and found I had mild scoliosis. Sarah has scoliosis as well. I know it sounds stupid, but it makes you feel better when a famous person has something (not necessarily good) in common with you.

I had two friends who had scoliosis... is it common? One of them is really short -about 5 foot. The other one was really tall -about 6 foot and is now a Premier model. Do you have to wear a back brace because the first girl did and it was a real hassle for her.

jssy4eva said:
oh yay...i have always loved her as well...Buffy was my life !!!! i was so sad that it got cancelled and shocked that she never got an emmy nomination, especialy for the episode where her mom died and in the episode where they all lose their voices and the show was completely mute......she was so brilliant.....she is such a great actress.....she just made buffy such a real character in a show tha pushed reality so far out of the way and that is not easy.......i hope that she will eventualy become one of those actresses that comes back with a boom

I still wont watch the last few episodes because I dont want Buffy to end too quickly! Yes I am the ultimate geek/fangirl but whatever. I have remained pretty spoiler free... so no spoilers please :smile:. I will watch the last episodes this coming summer because the Buffy seasons always end in the summer (ie it is summer in Sunnydale). It is so wierd watching the fashions in earlier seasons. It is so 90s!

Scoliosis is much more common in females. I never noticed I had scoliosis, neither did my doctor until I took an x-ray. Right now I am trying to keep it in control by doing certain excercises my chiropractor has suggested, including new sleeping positions and weekly back adjustments. My scoliosis is not severe enough to wear a brace or need surgery, thank God! You just have to check-up on it while your young. Once you are an adult it is unlikely for it to progress.

TourniquetMX said:
She kind of became my inspiration when my doctor took a routine x-ray and found I had mild scoliosis. Sarah has scoliosis as well. I know it sounds stupid, but it makes you feel better when a famous person has something (not necessarily good) in common with you. I am also currently doing community service with Habitat for Humanity, one of Sarah's favorite charities. :flower:

Oh awesome avatar by the way

Her eye colour is so much better brought out by the brunette. Also love the short rock and roll blonde do. Oh and yes -she wore a lot of outfits to the EMAs last year...

Attachments

• EMAs 2004 1.jpg
    EMAs 2004 1.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Sarah Brunette.jpg
    Sarah Brunette.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Awesome Hair.jpg
    Awesome Hair.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 19
  • EMAs 2004.jpg
    EMAs 2004.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 29
Hollywood Reporter s 33rd Annual Key Art Awards Show 2004

Attachments

• Hollywood Reporter 2004.jpg
    Hollywood Reporter 2004.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 47
That Valentino dress at the Golden Globes in 2001

Attachments

• Globes.jpg
    Globes.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 20
Gorgeous orange back in 1999 at the 25th Anniversary celebrations of Saturday Nigh Live. Could have done with a bra though...

Attachments

• SNL 25th Anniversary 99 1.jpg
    SNL 25th Anniversary 99 1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 31
She likes her earrings does our Sarah...

Attachments

• Great Earrings.jpg
    Great Earrings.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 37
  • Great Earrings 1.jpg
    Great Earrings 1.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 25
  • London 1.JPG
    London 1.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Sarah at Hilfiger Fall 2003 in Anvarian.JPG
    Sarah at Hilfiger Fall 2003 in Anvarian.JPG