Saturday Night... Live?

i did watch it, to see gorgeous jude, of course(though he was nothing to rave about: not very funny nor modest). anyway, i could tell ashlee lipsynched the first song because it sounded EXACTLY like the single. then, after she screwed up the second song, she actually blamed it on the band, saying that THEY started playing the wrong song!
um, right. what a ho!

Okay so maybe she did have a medical problem going on, but still, she shouldn't have huffed off when the backing-track snafu happened. Hell, I know ballet dancers who have suffered Janet-Jackson-esque wardrobe failures but kept on dancing, and I know a rodeo stunt rider who fell off and turned her bungle into an opportunity for a running re-mount which was so stylish many people thought it was part of the act. If these talented amateurs can cover a bungle so gracefully, you would think a famous professional should be able to do something more impressive than dance around like she's got a grasshopper in her pants-leg.

But see- these women don't have to care. Someone will always be there to make excuses and cover up for them, at least until their meagre stars fade...

I watched a bit about it on some brainless television program, it was really rather pathetic. And just how accepting everyone is of it as well. As strawberry said- couldn't we at least settle for singers who even try to do their job?

I bet Jessica is pretty happy now...
Poor Ashlee, is she going to be the shadow forever... :ninja:

oh my :ninja: that must have been so embarassing for her. can any of the recording artists out there actually sing these days? she could've at least tried to go along with it rather than do a "ho down" and embarass herself further. oh the brighter side: another full of crap "singer" off the map. hooray! :clap: :magic: :innocent:

she was on the today show this morning...she claims to have had bad acid reflux...

Originally posted by Artemis@Oct 26 2004, 05:03 AM
can any of the recording artists out there actually sing these days?
[snapback]406991[/snapback]​
Yes, but very few "pop" artists that you see on TV and hear on the radio can.

Regarding whether she should've stopped or just gone on, any professional performer knows that you don't just stop when something goes wrong. Sign of a true no-talent amateur. But what else could we expect from Ashlee Simpson? :innocent:

No one should feel bad for her. The girl has a freakin' TV show AND record contract SOLELY because her sister is famous. Life doesn't get easier than that. And in the end, all this publicity is just going to get her more money and fame. :wacko:

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Oct 26 2004, 01:43 PM
When a puppet's strings break, who would you expect would fix them?
[snapback]407250[/snapback]​

:smile:

I actually believe her :unsure: but that's because I've heard some of her other songs live... and she sounded pretty bad. And no one lip synchs to sound that bad :innocent:

Did you guys see her on the Video Music Awards?

When the music started she was shaking her head and started saying, Wait a minute, wrong song...its the wrong song...

Everything stopped and she goes "Just kidding people".

So now shes moved on to joking about her f*ck up

Originally posted by AlexN@Oct 25 2004, 03:37 AM
The band doesn't have control of the backing track. The engineers in the control rooms do. :flower:
[snapback]406052[/snapback]​

well thats not necessarily true

this is from the gossiplist web blog

"Here's the latest bit of dirt going around on the Ashlee Simpson Saturday Night Live Fiasco:

Here's the word from a friend of mine who was at the show, and got it straight from the director, beth mccarthy, who she was a guest of:

ashlee can't sing. she tried all day friday, but was whining to her voice coach. they decided to leave her mike on so she could sing along to the track, but after the first line or two of the first song, turned her off cause she was awful.

so, as of the first song, all the mikes were off.

now, they had the wrong song queued up for the second song, obviously. it really was the drummer's fault. apparently he was supposed to signal something or start in with some beat, and the one he did was for the first song. because he @#%$ up, the guy doing the tape hurried up and put the first song on, because that was what the drummer had signalled. when this got all @#%$ up, they did two things:

1. turned on all the mikes so the band could take over and start the real song. which they didn't. have no idea why.
2. turned off the tape so the band could play the real song.

they were going to turn on ashlee's mike so she could sing the real song, but decided not to because the band was just playing the first song. the guys were smiling cause they were simply thinking "what a @#%$ clusterfuck".

beth mccarthy was also the director of the superbowl halftime show last year, so she's no stranger to ... malfunctions."

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by AniexDaffodil@Oct 27 2004, 08:34 PM
beth mccarthy was also the director of the superbowl halftime show last year, so she's no stranger to ... malfunctions."

:rolleyes:
[snapback]408363[/snapback]​
Everyone has a speciality.

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe+Oct 25 2004, 12:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(LolitaLuxe @ Oct 25 2004, 12:52 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>i just watched the link......those moves WTF? totally hee ha .indeed. she looked like a monkey with a trainer waving a banana in front of her. :rofl:
[snapback]406340[/snapback]​
[/b]

Originally posted by As You Like It@Oct 25 2004, 01:49 PM
Every time I see that girl's name, I want to go back in time and smack her mother upside the head and tell her, "Good grief, spell that baby's name right!"

Double that for Britney's mamma and name.
[snapback]406394[/snapback]​

OMG LMAO! ....those two comments :rofl:

<!--QuoteBegin-As You Like It
@Oct 25 2004, 10:48 PM
Okay so maybe she did have a medical problem going on, but still, she shouldn't have huffed off when the backing-track snafu happened.  Hell, I know ballet dancers who have suffered Janet-Jackson-esque wardrobe failures but kept on dancing, and I know a rodeo stunt rider who fell off and turned her bungle into an opportunity for a running re-mount which was so stylish many people thought it was part of the act.  If these talented amateurs can cover a bungle so gracefully, you would think a famous professional should be able to do something more impressive than dance around like she's got a grasshopper in her pants-leg.
[snapback]406832[/snapback]​
[/quote]
no kidding...a bird shat in cindi lauper's mouth and she still kept going

all i have to say is, at least britney and other pop stars can use their dancing as an excuse for having backing vocals... and...i can't believe she's going around blaming it on acid reflux when she first blamed it on her band...thats lame

EDIT: acid, lmao@your avatar

from sfgate.com
ASHLEE'S DAD INSISTS HER CREDIBILITY IS INTACT
Ashlee Simpson's father and manager Joe Simpson insists his daughter's credibility remains intact, despite her lip-synching scandal.
The singer sparked much debate after her recent appearance on a live broadcast of "Saturday Night Live," where she started miming to the wrong track.

But Joe, who also manages Ashlee's older sister Jessica, admits he's stunned by the strong reaction.

He says, "I was definitely surprised by (the reaction) because she didn't expose a boob, she wasn't doing drugs, she isn't anorexic and she didn't get married in Vegas."

He explains that the singer has acid reflux, which affects the vocal cords, and was ordered by her doctor not to sing live that night.

He adds, "I don't think this will hurt her credibility with kids; they won't care."

:angry: God, this article pisses me off. "I was definitely surprised by (the reaction) because she didn't expose a boob, she wasn't doing drugs, she isn't anorexic and she didn't get married in Vegas." You moron, singers are supposed to be able to sing. This is worse than getting married in Vegas or doing drugs or exposing a boob. Those things don't have anything to do with your professional life. But being a complete f*cking fraud is going to bring about quite a reaction. Idiots... :rolleyes:

The sad thing is, he's probably right. The kids won't care. So what if she has no talent whatsoever? Because she's so popular and cute, right? :yuk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apriloneil1987
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->