Schiaparelli Haute Couture S/S 2019 Paris

I thought HC would be delayed because of Gilet Jaunes!?!

Always got the impression that Pierpaolo ghost designed at Schiaparelli, and with this collection it's unmistakable. At least for me. Love the suited mini looks, especially the one with matching shorts. I do find the closing look very contrived. Reminds me too much of D&G Alta Moda.

Wtf happened here? I've always love Schiaparelli and have liked the direction of the house since it reopened but 70% of this show is a mess (some pieces are great tho). The comparisons to Valentino and Marc's spring show are just too obvious not to be made as well.

I thought HC would be delayed because of Gilet Jaunes!?!.
The demonstrations only happens on Saturday. It did impacted men’s shows because Dior and other brands showed earlier but it won’t change anything for Couture.
The reality of the Gilets Jaunes is slightly different from what it may appear on the medias.
People are working normally (sort of) all week.

If a haute couture customer is interested in Schaparelli, she´d better invest her money in vintage original ones...
drV7ytCF_t.jpg

...really??

:sick:

ps: The last dress looks more Vicktor & Rolf rip-off than Elsa Schiaparelli.

Wtf happened here? I've always love Schiaparelli and have liked the direction of the house since it reopened but 70% of this show is a mess (some pieces are great tho). The comparisons to Valentino and Marc's spring show are just too obvious not to be made as well.
Well, now Katie Grand is their stylist so... :smile: Such a shame they are now pushing this kind of mess, I thought that Schiaparelli had found its path with f/w 17 and s/s 18, but this is just awkward, ridiculous and uncomfortable to see.

Well, now Katie Grand is their stylist so... :smile: Such a shame they are now pushing this kind of mess, I thought that Schiaparelli had found its path with f/w 17 and s/s 18, but this is just awkward, ridiculous and uncomfortable to see.

Ahh Katie Grand... now it makes sense. Ugh.

There are some outstanding pieces in this collection

^^ Yea, I totally thought the same thing, its a glimpse of what a couture collection by Allessandro would look like. Terrifying.

The good moments of this collection are shallowed by the fabric mess that most of the dresses are. So sad..

I absolutely hate what they've done with this house...a house with all the potential in the world...and it's just so trite and silly what they do here. Stupid fairly tale crap. Not sophisticated at all.

i actually love some of the pieces, they are beautiful. there is a lot of tat but the colours are good as usual

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"