Schiaparelli Haute Couture S/S 2024 Paris

First look was the best one, it reminded me of Balenciaga by NG. The rest is bordering on Balmain couture with all the ridiculous volumes and ill fit. Despite all the flaws I still like him as a designer, his approach may be naive, old fashioned but I find it charming (he reminds me of Olivier R in that matter). He just really needs someone with a technical eye and a stylist who would add an element of storytelling.

Beautiful. Feels like he had a more edited approach this time, peeling things off instead of adding and adding. Not that there's not a lot going on, but it seems more in service of the fabric, the cut and the silhouette than it just being decoration for the sake of it. The baby is a lot, though. But, gosh darn it, it's all so beautiful.

Also, put Natasha Poly and Hana Soukupova on the same runway and I'm in. And Karlie, too.

they really need to up the presentation/showmanship of the show but the clothes look more confident than ever and not relying so much on embelishments. I think a lot were skeptical about the revival of schiaparelli but now its ahead of a house like givenchy in terms of clout.

judge-judy-laptop.gif

god, this is the worst one yet. it's absolutely horrid. olivier rousteing levels of taste here. this man should not be designing for schiaparelli and i will die on that hill.

please don't praise this pile of trash; it's still chop full of gimmicks. he knows nothing about cut or silhouette. this is actually making me angry.

judge-judy-laptop.gif

god, this is the worst one yet. it's absolutely horrid. olivier rousteing levels of taste here. this man should not be designing for schiaparelli and i will die on that hill.

please don't praise this pile of trash; it's still chop full of gimmicks. he knows nothing about cut or silhouette. this is actually making me angry.
Schiaparelli is always the center of media attention every Couture week, it's been being all over my IG right now.

Schiaparelli is always the center of media attention every Couture week, it's been being all over my IG right now.
it's because he's an american designer with a quintessentially american sensibility, in that he makes tacky, obnoxious clothes that represent a very limited, cliched and caricatured vision of high fashion. it's so unserious. how any of these drag costumes reflects the cut and drape of elsa's day is beyond me.

It’s just so synthetic and calculated. There isn’t really that much of a shift happening, and the mood board seems like a very obvious one from start to finish. Feels incredibly conceited.

To me, it’s still in the realm of a hugely refined Siriano with the Olivier R. sensibility which isn’t exactly a fantastic combo. The Schiaparelli archive has so much more charm, colour and languidness and all this has is incredible stiffness with once again an overload of black velvet. There’s no actual emotion put into this, just technical trophies to prove they can do something but having it passed off as fantasy couture and whatnot. That robot child thing is also just stupid, honestly it’s the kind of schtick Plein or one of the many younger designers who think they’re “the sh*t” would do.

It’s just so synthetic and calculated. There isn’t really that much of a shift happening, and the mood board seems like a very obvious one from start to finish. Feels incredibly conceited.

To me, it’s still in the realm of a hugely refined Siriano with the Olivier R. sensibility which isn’t exactly a fantastic combo. The Schiaparelli archive has so much more charm, colour and languidness and all this has is incredible stiffness with once again an overload of black velvet. There’s no actual emotion put into this, just technical trophies to prove they can do something but having it passed off as fantasy couture and whatnot. That robot child thing is also just stupid, honestly it’s the kind of schtick Plein or one of the many younger designers who think they’re “the sh*t” would do.
hang this post in the louvre

it's because he's an american designer with a quintessentially american sensibility, in that he makes tacky, obnoxious clothes that represent a very limited, cliched and caricatured vision of high fashion. it's so unserious.
Well yeah, not all Americans are Ralph Rucci or Tom Ford tbf.

it's because he's an american designer with a quintessentially american sensibility, in that he makes tacky, obnoxious clothes that represent a very limited, cliched and caricatured vision of high fashion. it's so unserious. how any of these drag costumes reflects the cut and drape of elsa's day is beyond me.
Well yeah, not all Americans are Ralph Rucci or Tom Ford tbf.
To be honest, I prefer American tacky to American good taste. In the end, Europe's versions of both are far superior.

To be honest, I prefer American tacky to American good taste. In the end, Europe's versions of both are far superior.
Tbh i don't hate Daniel Roseberry, He seems very dedicated and really puts effort into his work. Humble personality too.

It’s an interesting collection…
Very Mugler! You have touches of Gaultier…But oh so Mugler!
For some reasons, I think I get what he tried to achieve even if I think that some of the best ideas weren’t enough developed.
There were some interesting plays of cuts like in the beige gown. The volumes are quite balanced and in a way, the pouf skirts don’t look as 80’s as you would expect.

The best moments in this are the dresses on Hana and Natasha! The dress on Natasha is a couture dream. It’s very structured but it evokes an idea of lightness with those fringes. I wish the dress on Hana was followed-up with a sleeveless top using the same techniques, worn with a voluminous Cargo pants…A bit à la Gucci Spring 2001!

It’s not my favorite collection from Daniel. I think he is a bit too predictable in his approach to Couture. It’s good for social media and for the new generation of clients but it’s not pushing Couture forward.

omg it does resemble Olivier’s Balmain lol I like Daniel because he seems very down to earth but I do feel like his vision, creativity, and skill is limited for a house that is centred on couture. It’s as if he only relies on gimmicks all the time and doesn’t fully understand the sensibility and honesty of Schiaparelli

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->