Scott Schuman (The Sartorialist) and Garance Dore

his wife of 20 years — who had financially supported him after his showroom business failed.

oh and this sh*ts me. Good riddance, the ingrate.

To be fair, I think a couple of the quotes fashionologie took, were taken out of context (mainly the one about not speaking to magazines). I also think the reporters question at the end about being mischievous gives you an idea of how he was in person - I think that is how he was trying to come off, but on paper...it doesn't really translate. I'm not saying he doesn't have his issues (such as perhaps leaving his wife for Garance) but I don't think that interview is the best barometer of his real personality. If anything, I think it demonstrates that a. you shouldn't drink and give an interview and b. how awesome and witty you think you are in person doesn't always seem that way when written down

If he were a media innocent, that would all hold true - but he's far from that, he'll be totally aware of how the media processes your 'personality' and how the tiniest thing gets reinterpreted, and yet he still thought it was a good idea to say any of that to anyone.

He'll have put some work into that book, he should be concentrating on getting it out to as many people as possible, and getting positive profiles - he can let rip with the other stuff later on, but now is not the best moment.

It reads to me like yes, he was under the influence, but he also wants to rub his wife's face in it. IMO that is just an open invitation for your karma to come back and smack you :innocent:

If I were his wife, I'd be thinking--now a lot of us think he's a jerk instead of just a few of us.

Ugh, I think I won't be visiting The Sartorialist again...

Ughhh. This man is getting more annoying and arrogant by the minute. He should not be allowed to do press. What's that saying... "small man, big ego". Yeah this definitely applies to Scott.

If he were a media innocent, that would all hold true - but he's far from that, he'll be totally aware of how the media processes your 'personality' and how the tiniest thing gets reinterpreted, and yet he still thought it was a good idea to say any of that to anyone.

He'll have put some work into that book, he should be concentrating on getting it out to as many people as possible, and getting positive profiles - he can let rip with the other stuff later on, but now is not the best moment.

i had forgotten about his book. with all this negative press i definitely won't be buying it. i wouldn't want to give my money to a man who's already cocky enough as it is. imagine being cocky AND rich :yuk:

tiggerrouge - I do agree. There is an incredibly irony in talking about how you schooled people like Peter Som on 'building a brand', while coming across as a complete **** and giving a bad interview.

^ Not to mention the fact that, last time I checked, Peter Som still has his label, and the showroom is where?

Urgh i used to like the sartorialist in the early days, but now its full of old Italian guys wearing bright green suits etc, etc i hardly visit that site anymore

The whole thing is quite unsavoury and embarrassing.

I too always felt there was something unpleasant about his blog and comments, now we know why.

I checked out Garance's twitter account today, there are constant references to "Scott and I..." :innocent:

^ I don't know ... I can see that there are other opportunities that lend themselves to a stronger brand, but to me, everything has an ethos--your plumber, the local fire station, everything.

I'm definitely not going to be perusing the Sartorialist or Garance Dore's blogs anymore. What a bunch of self-aggrandizing goons.

i don't typically comment on here but felt the need as i really liked his site before i read that interview. totally ruined it for me. hopefully the 5 foot 4 inch tumble off his proverbial soapbox scrapes those sockless ankles of his. what a dick. good riddance for the wife. you lost another reader scott.

^ I didn't read it as an attack, simply noting a point of vulnerability :wink: Behaving like an a$$ is apparently another ...

I don't really think it's fair to group Garance in with him with regards to this article - I mean it's him speaking in the interview, not her and she has commented a lot less on their relationship. If she twitters about it....well, they must be together for like a year now? She can't pretend they aren't together.

yeah i suppose so far she's been discrete about it. but no matter how discrete she's been, she was still 'the other woman' for a while and she was fully aware of it..so she's also not a saint, ya know...and if they've been together for quite a while, then they obviously have similar believes etc, so if the guy behaves like such an *** and she's still with him, then i don't know how much i respect her either!

but i'm getting ahead of myself, all i wanted to say is that she's also a bit to blame. people tend to blame the cheater by himself as opposed to cheater+person he cheated with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camerontroy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->