"Sean John, Zac Posen To Form Joint Venture"

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Atelier, Apr 20, 2004.

1. Atelier

Atelier Hoppity Hop

We all knew growth was on ZP's mind. Now it's unfolding before our very eyes. If this matters ten years from now, I won't be surprised.

2. Nader

Nader gromosexual

This is so stupid. I cannot see Diddy designing a dress, and its not often that zac comes out with really nice ones either.

3. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

:blink: :lol: that's so VERY funny i had to laugh out loud, they are both quite talentles and full of hype :lol:

thanks for the topic Atelier :flower:

4. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

Blegh! :yuk: As was said previously, neither of them is very good. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with now that they're working together...
    :lol:

5. asta

asta New Member

ewwwwwwwwww. now zac's label will be the brain child of two talentless "designers".

6. faust

faust New Member

oh, jesus... new mizrahi/jacobs is in the making...

7. Plumour

Plumour New Member

8. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

sean jean is the number two seller in bloomingdale's behind polo ralph lauren?...he's beating
    tommy?! i'm really surprised...and i can't believe posen has managed to get into all those stores in NYC alone...usually young designers are forced by the stores to do exclusives, which means that for at least 1-2 years they can only sell in one store, making it very difficult for them to grow their business...not signing an exclusive was a very smart business move...

they may not have design talent, but these guys know how to make $$$ and i suggest that that is all they both really care about...$$$$ and celebrity...

zac needs the money and puffy needs the design crediblity...it makes sense on paper...now we'll see what happens... :innocent:

ugh... :wacko:

9. faust

faust New Member

So, I'm in Bagutta:

Me: Ehh, so I see you carry Posen. I think he's over rated, but I'm sure he sells.
    Salesman: Neh, not really...

:lol:

10. softgrey

you know what though....marni doesn't sell either...and sean jean does...go figure... :innocent:

11. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

this is a very smart move for both of them...

and like it or not, this guarantees that neither sean john nor zac posen will fizzle out anytime soon. i guess this really answers the question as to why p. diddy was seen at zac posen's show and also why zac was previously seen lunching with tom ford...zac was shopping around for backers. :innocent:

12. faust

faust New Member

you know what though....marni doesn't sell either...and sean jean does...go figure... :innocent: [/b][/quote]
    Marni doesn't sell?! Hmm, i think it's time to check out their boutique during the sale season :lol:

13. softgrey

Marni doesn't sell?! Hmm, i think it's time to check out their boutique during the sale season :lol: [/b][/quote]
    that's what i thought :lol: ...but there is a wierd fit problem...actually, maybe that's why it's not selling so well... :unsure: and the prices are scary high...like marc jacobs high... :wacko:
    check out the marni/dries thread... :innocent:

14. LadyIllusion

LadyIllusion New Member

Agree 100%

15. MJCouture

MJCouture New Member

That is really pathetic. I never liked Zac Posen anyway, but at least he wasnt a total sell out. What really irritates me is that WWD is buying into the falicy that Combs is an important element of the "apparel industry." I don't care how many over-szied, tacky, logo ridden tee shirts he sells, he will NEVER be an important force in fashion. ICK ICK ICK.

16. MJCouture

MJCouture New Member

how does this garuntee them both staying power? The truth is that Posen is going to loose his core customer by doing this, which is one of the most imporant things in fashion. I think this is the begining of the downward heading spiral of two overly-hyped wannabes. They deserve each other.

17. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

as far as sean john...look at brands like phat farm...with the money to reach new markets, that company has stayed around despite the loss of their "street-cred"...sean john appeals to a similar customer who will be unaffected by (if not completely ignorant of) these changing-of-hands. the zac posen customer is not fully developed and you can bet that american vogue (among others) will not quit its relentless editorializing of that brand until it's the next calvin klein or donna karan.

18. softgrey

anyone who outsells most other labels in that market is a force to contend with...and puffy seems to be accomplishing that...talent or no...he's a player now...unfortunately for those with some actual talent... :blush:

i agree with mikeijames

19. Spike413

Spike413 barcode

Oh dear God in fashion heaven, why? I can't stand either of these designers at all. I never thought they could annoy me more but, now their joining up!!!! Guess what, they just annoyed me more then I ever could imagine. This is clearly a case of two designers (I use the term loosely for Puffy) whose celebrity and social circle clearly outshines the clothes. Neither of these people would be anywhere in fashion if it wasn't for there connections. I mean, yeah Posen has talent but the execution hardly ever looks good. And P. Diddy, don't even get me started.

20. woofwoof123

woofwoof123 New Member

zac posen is a personality , for sure, and has a cute baby face. hes living the american dream and always smiling...
    he books the party night spot for his shows.. i went to the ss05 and there was so much energy in the room, but also i smoked before so maybe it was just the weed. anyways, he is always out you cannot escape him. i've seen him all over at the most random places- airports in midwest, restaurants, museum whatever ...