Searching For The Perfect Scent

:rofl:
that's creed spring flower:sick:. i dated a girl once who wore that all the time. i hated it. one day finally i got rid of it and told her i broke the bottle and got her something else. only that could save the relationship

You have all my admiration for getting that far ... I wouldn't be able to get past hello with someone wearing that :lol: Btw, I turned down a job offer from this woman--having to relocate had something to do with it, but I bet the Creed was a factor too :sick:

You have all my admiration for getting that far ... I wouldn't be able to get past hello with someone wearing that :lol: Btw, I turned down a job offer from this woman--having to relocate had something to do with it, but I bet the Creed was a factor too :sick:
:lol:
creed: the smell from hell
there are 2 or three that are somewhat decent, not sure of the names, but if you have the time or energy to go through the 50+ varieties, be my guest:D
although they could make you a personalized scent for several grand:rolleyes:
i personally love lolita lempicka for girls:heart:

I've been wearing Burberry and Gucci II for years, but recently I added Fresh's Sugar Lychee into my mix and it's a fabulously fruity and girly spring/summer scent :smile:

^ I love the Sugar Lychee bath products. The last scent I bought (after trying many many many :ninja:) was Fresh Hesperides. I'd practically rather shop for a swimsuit than fragrance :ninja:

^ I love the Sugar Lychee bath products. The last scent I bought (after trying many many many :ninja:) was Fresh Hesperides. I'd practically rather shop for a swimsuit than fragrance :ninja:

haha I agree! After smelling so many you get lightheaded and even coffeebeans can't help them not smell the same. I just got a bottle of Femme by Rochas after reading rave reviews online (it was only $25 on Amazon, couldn't resist) and OMG, is it FOUL! :sick:

^ Very sad!!

I would never ever do this now, but I bought my first bottle of Poison (a big one too) without ever trying it on. I had smelled it on someone else & was sure it was for me. That was many years ago, and it's still my favorite :heart: At the end that same bottle went off & started smelling like grape juice. It was still good tho! :wink: People would stop me and ask what I was wearing & then look surprised when I told them :P

I've been wanting to try Rumeur, I get a good vibe from the bottle :rolleyes: but haven't been in the right place at the right time yet :P

I love Narciso Rodriguez for her. The one in the black bottle, not the pink.

and on a guy, I just cant resist Acqua di Gio

Does anybody know of a soft, etherial, woody scent...without heavily sweet vanilla/musk/oriental notes?

Something along the lines of Infusion d'Iris by Prada...or the Myrrh scent by Diptyque...

yeah most of the suggestions on here are fragrances you can EASILY find at discount fragrance shops all over the place; regardless if they're expensive or not, they're most definitely not rare.

the best thing you can do is read and learn about fragrances, the notes, what are complimentary scents, and start experimenting yourself mixing your own fragrances.

or just buy discontinued stuff, there's this shop here in mia that sells vintage perfume and discontinued testers. I have this amazing claude montana perfume and its tdf as well as courreges.

^ That's cool ...

Btw I stopped & got a sample of Pure Coffee ... the SA was quite eager to emphasize it is for men :P Nonetheless they had samples in the women's fragrance dept. Given how perfumey it is, I'm surprised it is for men--def OK for women I think (not that everything isn't B)). I tried it on my wrist ... the person next to me at the library when I stopped by there later kept sneezing :ninja: I kinda like it, I'm going to try it again.

I am obsessed with Estée Lauder Pleasures - Delight
Normally I don't like makeup counters like that but this is MY SCENT :D Who knew

i always wore sicily from dolce & gabbana but now i think its kind of powdery smelling, amazing how i've worn it every day since i was 16. im also in search of something else to try...

i love estée lauders pleasures delight on me.
and i just recently bought hypnôse, it smells just like candy.

i just bought estee lauders white linen in light breeze its a new edition i think, i love it . Its very light and very refreshing its great for our weather

^ Very sad!!

I would never ever do this now, but I bought my first bottle of Poison (a big one too) without ever trying it on. I had smelled it on someone else & was sure it was for me. That was many years ago, and it's still my favorite :heart: At the end that same bottle went off & started smelling like grape juice. It was still good tho! :wink: People would stop me and ask what I was wearing & then look surprised when I told them :P

I've been wanting to try Rumeur, I get a good vibe from the bottle :rolleyes: but haven't been in the right place at the right time yet :P

Just wanted to mention I tried Rumeur today ... I don't know what it is, but it has the ingredient that gives me an instant headache, so ... it's definitely a no go :innocent:

^^^ Aww, that's disappointing. I'm the same with Ralph by Ralph Lauren (which I hate anyway because all the teenagers at the shopping centre seem to wear it. Instand migraine!)

I'd really like to try New Haarlem by Bond No. 9. It sounds like a perfume I'd really like, but it's not available here. I wonder if I could get a sample from a site or something. Hmmm ...

I love YSL Cinema, but I'm trying to find something that is a little less overpowering (as even in EDT Cinema is a little too strong for day IMO). Any ideas on where to start, I'm looking for something that is fairly light and I'm not that keen on anything too fruity or (strongly)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->