Self-cut hair

I do all the time, and it isn't pretty-but financially I can't afford to go get my hair cut, so it's more out of necessity.

I cut my own hair. But I always go for the "messy look," so it's pretty much fool proof.

I did it once and maybe don't trust myself to do it again :ninja:

I used a razor and forgot to add the guard in a section.. so I pretty much shaved myself bald :rofl: or crew cut like
I then went to a salon to get it fixed.

Sometimes after a few weeks of getting a fresh cut
the sides will look long, so I cut that because I can eye it in the mirror. Nobody can tell my hair would be uneven
but when the back is too long, I have to get someone else to do it.

Did this last night to my long layered hair.. didn't really care about anything besides getting rid of dry ends.. so now I have some sort of choppy looking uneven hair... hahaha it's funny but I hate it already and I am too lazy/cheap to go get it fixed. Oh well!

i've been cutting my own hair for years i cant afford the hairdressers but i actually really enjoy cutting it^_^

i even cut and coloured some of my friends hair yesterday its funny that they trust me to do it:lol:

I've been cutting mine for about a year and a half...I actually prefer what I do to what my hairdresser did (it's closer to what I want than what the hairdresser thinks I want :P). But, like some other here, I like a messy cut...I wouldn't try to do it myself if I was looking for a perfect bob.

i need to start cutting the hair myself!
i don't dare going to a hairdresser anymore because i only get strange cuts that don't feel like me at all.

any tips about cutting it?

I will never cut my own hair again. I learned my lesson the first time

Whenever I need my hair done, I go to my favorite hairdresser. I pay 40 dollars for my hair. Might be expensive to others but the quality and excellent service is worth every penny. I've never had a bad hair cut from there ever.

I absolutely agree with CatlinC. I am a hairdresser, and I would never cut my own hair. I do trim my bangs if I really need to, but I wouldn't touch anything else. A good hairdresser is hard to find, and once you do, the price is not so important. A great hairstyle/color is priceless.

I will never cut my own hair again. I learned my lesson the first time

Whenever I need my hair done, I go to my favorite hairdresser. I pay 40 dollars for my hair. Might be expensive to others but the quality and excellent service is worth every penny. I've never had a bad hair cut from there ever.
40 dollar expensive? I pay at least 65 euro. Maybe thats why it hurts so bad after a bad haicut, I go around thinking better ways to spend those money

I cut my hair all the time, but I never do anything dramatic, obvsly

the key is so take a strand and cut at the ends with the scissors slightly diagonal

I used to when I had long layered hair, but now its so short, I can't see the back. Too difficult. Any short haired ladies cut their own hair here?

I cut my own hair. But I always go for the "messy look," so it's pretty much fool proof.

haha, shoot for imperfection and you'll never be disappointed. B) i love the messy bedhead look.

I used to trim my fringe. I daren't cut my hair. I have a friend who once twisted all her hair in a ponytail then cut it off! It looked pretty good, but she did have wavy/curly hair that meant it wouldn't show any uneven areas too much.

I always chop at my hair! I can make it exactly how I want.. and I've had bad hairstylist experiences, although I let them color my hair :wink:

oooo....I used to do this all the time! It would send my boyfriend mental because the results could be quite unpredictable :smile: But I think it has something to do with the fact that growing up, and now, even, my mother has always cut her own hair. However, she gets away with it because she has lovely thick, straight hair that always behaves itself (mine doesn't! Its super-thick, coarse and very hard to handle). But now I only cut my fringe (my hairdresser taught me how)

^yeah I agree. I think for me, the bad thing is that I can get carried away and over cut my hair and ends up being too short.

I just cut my bangs,becouse they grow really fast.Sometimes I have to go back and cut them few times back becouse I see something I missed,but 'till now it's been ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->