Self Magazine

Kerry looks the best I've seen her look.

This looks like Alba mid 00's. I might never have liked her, but she looks good and I'm sure people will warm to this.

Self October 2015

SELF MADE JESSICA
Photographer: Gilles Bensimon
Stylist: Melissa Ventosa Martin
Hair: Renato Campora
Make-up: Monika Blunder
Model/Celebrity: Jessica Alba

Without text (HQ:(

Self

Self October 2015

TOUR DE FORCE
Photographer: Robbie Fimmano
Hair: Wesley O'Meara
Make-up: Colleen Runne
Model: Arlenis Sosa

Self

Self October 2015

SUPER INSTRUCTOR
Photographer: James Ryang
Stylist: Marina Muñoz
Hair: Seiji
Make-up: Talia Sparrow
Models/Celebrities: Grace Mahary, Stacey Griffith, Caroline Lowe, Mary Helen Bowers, Ashley Graham & Anna Kaiser

Self

Great content in this issue! As usual I'm in awe of their fitness photography. The two edits is way better than Jessica's cover feature. I'm actually shocked that Bensimon produced such an amateur story.

I am sooo behind this revamp. Beautiful.

Ow, that close-up shot of Jessica is beautiful and would've made for a terrific cover. Yet I do understand Self's aesthetic and the shot they ended up using on the October cover is more fitting. I would have never of guessed Gilles Bensimon was the photographer, though. I welcome the fact Bensimon shoots for a wide-range of magazines. Thanks for the uploads, Zorka!

Holy smokes, I'm stunned!! A female MMA fighter on the cover of a women's magazine? Bear in mind there's something predominantly masculine about the sport.
Visually, the cover looks great, especially the swimsuit. It's nice to see a different shape for once, and I like that she doesn't look unrealistically muscled.

Self November 2015

RONDA RISING
Photographer: Jason Kibbler
Hair: Charles McNair
Make-up: Carola Gonzales
Model/Celebrity: Ronda Rousey

Self

The rebrand of this magazine is just phenomenal. I'm stunned by this recent editorial/cover!

Self November 2015

BARRE BELLES
Photographer: Alexander Neumann
Stylist: Lindsey Frugier
Hair: Claudio Belizario
Make-up: Tracy Alfajora
Models/Celebrities: Sarah Hay, Raychel Diane Weiner, Emily Tyra & Irina Dvorovenko

Self

Self November 2015

STRONG HEALTHY HAIR
Photographer: Christopher Ferguson
Hair: Wesley O’Meara
Make-up: Sam Addington
Model: Britt Bergmeister

Self

Self November 2015

GIRLS' GUIDE TO CAMPING
Photographer: Christopher Ferguson
Hair: Wesley O’Meara
Make-up: Sam Addington
Models: Grace Mahary & Nadine Leopold

Self

I just love this magazine! All edits and covers are on point. Great cover subjects recently :heart:

Grace Mahary looks so beautiful in that camping edit!! They really love to work with her, dont they? Thanks a lot for posting, Zorka!! :heart:

So nice to see Ronda Rousey on the cover! She looks amazing! I will be getting this issue for sure.

Also, Grace looks beautiful. She fits perfectly for Self Magazine.

Usually women's fitness magazines irritate me, because of their approach of selling a message of self-improvement via exercise and nutrition, and mind-body connection through yoga etc - but then filling their pages with people who've reduced their body composition to a certain percent and bought their breasts from a catalogue, just to look a certain way in front of the camera. The hypocrisy is worse than anything I've ever seen in Vogue.

But Ronda Rousey on the cover, that's when it works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->