Self Service #31 Fall/Winter 09/10 : Elisabeth von Thurn und Taxis by Juergen Teller

tarsha

Reaction score

For Paris Fashion week, Self Service hosts Jürgen Teller. As usual superb shoots with an interview by Jürgen Teller with pictures by Roni Horn and a serie by the artist Der Schlüssel im Schloss. Conversations with Marc Jacobs & Gloria von Thurn und Taxis, Elizabeth Peyton & Matthew Barney.

310 pages.

Colette

Last edited by a moderator:
that is the most ugly cover i have ever seen in my LIFE !!!

It's Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis on the cover.
There is another cover with a naked Hannelore Knuts but only 1000 copies were printed and it doesn't seem to be out yet.

^Thank you so much for telling us who is on the cover. I was staring at the image and the face looked SO familiar yet I couldn't recall who it was.

I don't mind this cover - its something different. Can't wait to see Hannelore though.

oh jesus ...
it sounds boring to hell.

and a conversation with MJ and Elizabeth Peyton has already run in the Wrong Gallery journal.
though I wonder what's going on with Matthew Barney.

the cover is on the other hand pretty surprising - not sure i can say cool and fresh. but surprising, nontheless ...

some inside highlights

petronioassociatesblog

borin` really, but anyway ill get that issue as usual. around 10 october-hope my friend buying me at colette

The '80s are back & Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis was the epitome of '80s excess. I've always found her fascinating... more so than most any model of today anyway.

Review:

The Obsessions : Intentional Absurdity
Elise Crombez by Richard Burbridge, Styled by Marie Chaix
Anja Rubik by Katja Rahlwes, Styled by Suzanne Koller
Devon Aoki by Max Farago, Styled by Suzanne Koller
Julia Stegner by Max Farago, Styled by Ondine Azoulay
Emmanuelle Alt/Erin Fetherston/Victoire De Castellane/Alexander Wang/Vika Gazinskaya/Hannah MacGibbon/Christophe Decarnin/Vanessa Seward/Edward Enninful/Natasha Ramsay/Scott Sternberg by Maciek Kobielski

Der Schlüssel Im Schloss
Photographer : Juergen Teller
Fashion Editor : Duro Olowu
Models : Princess Elisabeth Von Thurn Und Taxis, Hannelore Knuts, Yuri Pleskun, Chris Obi, Irene Teller & Juergen Teller

+ Conversations
Marc Jacobs & Princess Gloria Von Thurn Und Taxis
Dick Page, Christiaan & Princess Elisabeth Von Thurn Und Taxis
Elisabeth Peyton, Matthew Barney & Angus Cook

I got mixed up! It's not Gloria on the cover but Elisabeth.
I'm sorry :blush:

oooh yes i can't wait for the scans/to buy this...sorry but i love me some Juergen!

I'm excited about Hannelore's cover. Suprised to see Raquel is not part of this.

The girl on the cover reminds me a bit of Yasmin Le Bon.

I'm actually really excited to see Devon Aoki...and Anja ofcourse :wink: this hits newsstands tomorrow right?

oh jesus ...
it sounds boring to hell.

and a conversation with MJ and Elizabeth Peyton has already run in the Wrong Gallery journal.
though I wonder what's going on with Matthew Barney.

the cover is on the other hand pretty surprising - not sure i can say cool and fresh. but surprising, nontheless ...

and let's face it,haven't they done about 50 conversations with marc jacobs anyway? gah. what is this obsession with him at SS? sorry but he cannot be that interesting :lol:

SS to me looks like purple...just completely uninspiring these days. nothing like the days of yore.

What a :sick: coverr but she looks gorgeous anyway....Hope the eds are good!! :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"