Self Service #32 Spring/Summer 2010 : Malgosia Bela, Carmen Kass by Ezra Petronio

I don't like the font they used for the cover. But I'm excited nonetheless.

Model : Hannah Holman
Photographer : Ezra Petronio
Styling : Suzanne Koller

Elite Models Blog

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the polaroid shoots by Ezra Petronio for Self Service. Thanks for posting the previews. The last one of Jacquelyn is not from Self Service though.

It isn't that often that I come across a downright and plain ugly cover of a fashion publication, but Self Service I see has managed to produce two this season. :yuk:

Looking forward to seeing what's inside, though. I read somewhere that Chloë Sevigny has also been photographed for the polaroid feature by Ezra Petronio? Judging by the above previews, I can't wait to see it. :woot:

those polas are really boring :innocent:
malgosia and carmen look gorgeous though.

Btw, "the audience has become the author" is nothing new (please read Roland Barthes before writing something like this on yr cover)
zzzzzzzzzzz
yes thank you.

and those polaroids are so uninteresting...
the cover images aren't bad though.

^ It's out in France already, I think it will be out in London in 10 days or so.

carmen's cover is way more attractive than malgosia's. i like jacquelyn's shots, even though those polaroid shots are typically self service.

Malgosia looks like Heidi Klum during her PM.... ;-) Carmen is one of my fav models and I was quite dissapointed by her recent job but I like her cover...

There is a huge editorial with Elise Crombez, Julia Stegner, Carol Trentini, Erin O'Connor, Rianne ten Haken, Tanga Moreau, Rie Rasmussen and Filippa Hamilton-Palmstierna (if I am not mistaken in identification of Rie and Filippa, that old school sexy styling and make-up made them unrecognizable) taken by Richard Burbridge (the same concept as in F/W 2009 issue), Daniel Jackson, Hans Feurer, Max Farago, Roger Deckker. The rest is an immense polaroid spread (including an editorial called Malgosia Bela and Anna Selezneva) with the standard fashion personalaties such as Tom Ford, Alexander Wang, Sean Lennon and Kemp Muhl couple, Margherita Missoni, etc. The polaroid section is even more boring than Teller's contribution to the previous Self Service.

^ Thanks for review. I was waiting for this sad confirmation... who will pay 20 euro for such a weak issue? why don't they suspend it?

thanks for the info..the casting of photographer is so tasteless..i miss the Sorrenti days ..

thanks for the review indeed. I agree with with Pedro, I was waiting for the bad news, but to be honest I will end up buying this issue after all. Just so I can have them all.

Anna Selezneva in Self Service? I'm really looking forward to see her ed even if it's just polaroid. Thanks for the review!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->