Self Service #33 F/W 10.11 : Stella Tennant / Joe McKenna Special Issue

so joe mckenna styles stella tennant as himself for the cover. how original.....

indeed!

He’s often seen shuffling around in black Levi’s, New Balance sneakers and moth-holed sweaters; but his knowledge of style is encyclopedic,

Read more: Joe McKenna - Stylist - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f71/joe-mckenna-stylist-51246-2.html#ixzz10zI9FLW5

the excerpt is taken from a nytimes.com article that was originally posted in Joe's thread.

I didn't understand the styling for this cover until I read that.

Is it out yet?
Very interested in the contents if Joe McKenna is styling.

Yes the magazine is out now. Check out the Self Service blog for details:

www.selfservicemagazine.com/blog

Thank you Claire! :heart::flower:
OMG what a splendid issue!

THE JOE MCKENNA ISSUE
SELF SERVICE n°33, Fall/Winter 2010.

Special issue guest-edited by Joe McKenna.

Contents:
72 pages by Ezra Petronio.
80 pages by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin.
1 interview with Azzedine Alaïa.
3 illustrations by Mathias Augustyniak.
32 pages by Bruce Weber.
16 pages by David Sims.
40 pages by Juergen Teller.
6 pages by Ranee Palone Flynn.
1 interview with Cathy Horyn.
28 statements by Haider Ackermann, Azzedine Alaïa, Manolo Blahnik, Grace Coddington, Alber Elbaz, John Galliano, Valentino Garavani and Giancarlo Giammetti, Nicolas Ghesquière, Amanda Harlech, Valérie Hermann, Marc Jacobs, Christopher Kane, Pedro Lourenço, Hannah MacGibbon, Stella McCartney, Suzy Menkes, Guido Palau, Phoebe Philo, Stefano Pilati, François-Henri Pinault, Miuccia Prada, Jil Sander, Franca Sozzani, Riccardo Tisci, Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin, Donatella Versace, Louise Wilson, Anna Wintour.

Available to buy at international book stores, Colette.fr and from [email protected]

Source : selfservicemagazine.com

Seems like a promising issue. McKenna's styling has always been interesting for me. Very interested in his work with David Sims this time round.

80 pages by I&V? I need to get this!

I got this today. It's a really good issue, seems like Self Service is back to its old self and I'm really happy about it! :clap:
But I'm a little disappointed tho, cos I was expecting the whole issue to be styled by Joe while he is actually only a guest-editor, and he only did the styling for Inez and Vinoodh's shoot with Stella.

Review:

The Obsessions (72 pages)
Photographer : Ezra Petronio
Fashion Editor : Sabrina Marshall
Models : Aline Weber, Anja Rubik, Barbara Palvin, Cameron Russell, Hannelore Knuts & Isabeli Fontana

New York, July 12-15th, 2010 (80 pages)
Photographers : Inez Van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin
Fashion Editor : Joe McKenna
Model : Stella Tennant

Azzedine Alaïa (6 pages)
Photographer : Willy Vanderperre
Artwork : M/M (Paris)
Model : Karmen Pedaru

Win a Free Photoshoot (32 pages)
Photographer : Bruce Weber
Models : Various male models

Cornwall, July 5th, 2010 (16 pages)
Photographer : David Sims
Experimental work by Sims. Many double exposures of penises and explosions :lol:

Gloucestershire, July 14th, 2010 (40 pages)
Photographer : Juergen Teller
Fashion Editor : Zoe Bedeaux
Model : Kate Moss

Massachusetts, Summer 2008 (6 pages)
Photographer : Ranee Palone Flynn
Models : Two young men

Favorite Tearsheets (26 pages)
Photos of various magazine pages that showcase Joe's work over the years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and there's no alternative cover for this issue. You can actually pick the color of the fonts; either black or silver (I picked black, thought it looked much better :P)

great photographers and models cast i look forward to seeing some of this :buzz:

OMG! This issue sounds promising based from the reviews! :buzz: Can't wait to see all of the editorials! Thanks Dieselmax! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Florencie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->