Self-Tanner Application

charlybabez

Reaction score
So i got Johnsons Holiday glow and i tested it on my arms and it comes out a really dark but natural colour on me. However it is way different to my normal "Michael Jackson" pale skin so i need to apply it perfectly else i'll look a fool.

How do I do my elbows, knees and hands and feet?? Do i put it on my face and neck?? And what about toes, ears etc.??

I can cope with legs,arms and chest but I'm worried about the rest.

well if it's a cream ( i havn't reaally heard of it ) I've read about mixing the tanner with lotion so it's more of a subtle glow and doesn't come out so dark on the elbows and knees.

you need to make sure you only put lotion on the dry areas of your body cuz otherwise it will come out looking a little darker then the other areas you applied it in. So you don't get the orange dirty looking hands, add lotion (AND LOTS OF IT) especially around ur nails and finger tips. i did this every friday for over a year, but i just recently started doing mystic. I HIGHLY recommend it! =c)

Make sure you really exfoliate your skin before using any type of self tanner. For elbows and knees I only use the leftover on my palms.. for example I'll do a fresh squirt for my calves, but just use whatevr is left on my palms from smoothing my calves on my ankles and knees, so I don't get too much there. Also I'd do a thin layer over a few days so that you get a gradual tan. Don't put it on too heavy overnight or else it'll be hard to fix your mistakes!

I would exfoliate your skin in those areas really well. then use a nice absorbent lotion on those areas, like knuckles, knees, elbows, ankles. also don't go so heavy on those areas. I would apply your legs, then with the excess just sweep over the knees.

everyone has given good advice....
exfoliate.....and you could put a thin layer of lotion a few hours before you apply the tanner...

i'd apply it everywhere but sparingly over knees, elbows, etc...
i normally wash my hands with warm water and a little bit of soap after i've finished applying....that way you avoid the orange fingers/hands look...

just be confident and make sure you've covered all the spots....
if its a cream, rub it in well like you would your lotion, and make sure you can't see any excess....if you can, keep rubbing!...

as for your face, i would buy a self-tanner specially formulated for the face...
then just apply it like a daily moisturizer... but make sure around your eyebrows, top lip, etc, you have rubbed it in very well and only used a little bit...
wipe any excess off with a tissue or q-tips....
you can use the face tanner for your neck and ears too....

good luck....and just dont worry too much!...

i use neutrogena build-a-tan.....there is one specifically for the face.....

its FANTASTIC......
i have naturally olive skin.....and it works perfectly.....

make sure you put moisturiser on before you put the fake tan on, that way it will even it out when you rub in

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yujiaolong666
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->