Serena, Fashion Ace

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by tangerine, Jun 24, 2004.

1. tangerine

tangerine Soviet Camaro

Source

Anyone have more info about Serena's designs?

2. nuiko

nuiko New Member

i'd like to see her designs!

3. purplelucrezia

purplelucrezia New Member

I actually remember hearing about something like this before, in regards to her designing abilities. I think that she may actually be fairly legitimate in her venture, which is an nice change is the world of celebrity designing. :flower:

4. Christopher31

Christopher31 New Member

Im not a fan... at all... of celebrity designers, but for once i would actually like to see what she's got. ITs good that she is dead serious and its not just another business venture to profit off of.

5. nycgirl84

nycgirl84 New Member

If her self-designed red carpet outfits are any indication- um, no thanks.

6. TheSoCalledPrep

TheSoCalledPrep New Member

I don't know if she's got any vision, but if she does I feel sorry for her. Many people *will* chalk this off as another celeb 'fashion' venture even though it doesn't seem to be. :flower:

7. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

Well,if its anything close to her own personal style,get ready for some gaudy crap because she has absolutely no taste at all. But having said that,I do think she's actually serious about this(if any of her post-match conferences is an indication)so she has my respect. And she does actually make her own stuff which is also a breath of fresh air in the world of celeb-fashion. But,no,the overall outcomes I've seen,have not impressed me at all.

8. rayncloudx

rayncloudx New Member

it's nice to see that she's serious about being a fashion designer but i still want to spray all the celebrity designers with some sort of pesticide. :ninja:

9. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

she IS serious...and her clothes ARE awful...

if she was one of those celebs who hired a designer and just put their name on it...it might work...but because she actually wants to design...i think she's in trouble...i saw some of her stuff last year and she designed a couple of pieces for a leather company last year...

not good... :ninja:

maybe she'll improve with more experience?... :huh:

10. TheSoCalledPrep

TheSoCalledPrep New Member

Any pics, anyone?

11. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

Prep,I think on star style,if you do a search there's an archived thread from that WTA fashion show where she showed some of her stuff.

Soft,that's what I was thinking as well. Perhaps when she doesn't have the priorities like her tennis career in particular,maybe she'll be able to focus more....otherwise,I don't see a genuine future. It already looks like Donatella Versace copies.

12. softgrey

as does beyonce's line...and have you seen wyclef jean's wife's stuff...?... :shock:

way too many versace wannabes...don't they know that versace is NOT doing well...?...they should just stick to designing clothes for their babie dolls...

13. PrinceOfCats

PrinceOfCats Naturellement pulpeuse

At least Versace is trashy in traditional, Italian, no-holds-barred all-out sex...none of this dodgy sports-wear...

Who we really need to become a fashion designer is Martina Navratilova - I mean look at that groovy tennis sailor-dress she wears in the final against Chrissy Evert.

[​IMG]

14. kimair

kimair frozen

Serena's clothing line is called Anenes (Serena spelled backwards). She had a fashion show in Santa Monica last November where Venus modeled some looks.

15. kimair

kimair frozen

Here they are after the show, Serena in one of her designs:

16. softgrey

thx for the pix kim...it seems that the short in front/long in back style is reaching epidemic proportions among a certain group of wannabe designers... :blink:

17. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

WOW, they're giving her THAT much for tennis dresses? :doh:

18. banana

banana New Member

Oh I hate those types of dresses. Maybe I should wear a short dress and show some leg... or maybe a long dress because it's "classier"- especially when it drags on the floor... MAKE UP YOUR MIND.

19. kimair

kimair frozen

and even real designers...remember this Valentino? And there's a Roberto Cavalli feathered number I've seen on Beyonce. It's not a good look.

:rolleyes: sorry to get off topic!

20. softgrey

and even real designers...remember this Valentino? And there's a Roberto Cavalli feathered number I've seen on Beyonce. It's not a good look.

:rolleyes: sorry to get off topic! [/b][/quote]
    i know the cavalli one you mean... :yuk:

the valentino seems like more of an over skirt which i find somewhat less offensive...plus i'm a sucker for that valentino red... :blush:

but i agree...it generally not a very good idea...i guess some think it's original because you don't see it often on the big runways...but i think you don't see it so much because it's just not very chic... :innocent: :flower: