Serge Lutens Fragrances

LetThemEatCake

Reaction score
So many other Serge Lutens fans here...terrific! What's everyone's favorite? Or would this go in the Etc Etc of Perfumes, Fragrances thread?

I currently smell very natural, from gym, not too appealing...in a bit I'll wear Christian Lacroix and Serge Lutens Vetiver Oriental.

Good idea for a new thread! :wink:

I seem to wear Fumerie Turque the most... but I also love Cuir Mauresque and Muscs Koublaï Khan.

Lutens/Sheldrake are the Jagger/Richards of fragrance. :lol: B)

have only been able to purchase one, "fumerie turque", which i wear regularly. will order some samples soon!

If you were to give the lovely gift of one of Serge Lutens' fragrances, to start someone off which would you give?

i've never heard of these (or if i have i didn't retain it :doh:)...

but, you guys have intrigued me..

i feel like this is something i should look into...

would be interested in hearing people's answers to LTEC's question in post #6 :wink:

Ohhh... I adore Serge Lutens scents, they are all so distinctive...

I have fallen hard for Chêne, I believe that scent is simply tailor-made for me.

I am wearing it right now.. :crush:

I love "Fleurs d'Oranger" and "Rose de Nuit"!

I got Barneys newest beauty catalogue today. *Sigh* I want everything but three pages in, a page for two new Serge Lutens fragrances.
Serge Noire
Truly original, a fragrance of twilight with mysterious notes of amber, laurel, leather, cistis labdanum and resinous smoke.

Borneo 1834
Indonesian patchouli, still as startling as when it first arrived in the West, mixed with cardamom, incense, cocoa and rosewood.

I'm not too big on patchouli, though I do have one or two fragrances with it in it..but I want the Serge Noire!

I got Barneys newest beauty catalogue today. *Sigh* I want everything but three pages in, a page for two new Serge Lutens fragrances.
Serge Noire
Truly original, a fragrance of twilight with mysterious notes of amber, laurel, leather, cistis labdanum and resinous smoke.

Borneo 1834
Indonesian patchouli, still as startling as when it first arrived in the West, mixed with cardamom, incense, cocoa and rosewood.

I'm not too big on patchouli, though I do have one or two fragrances with it in it..but I want the Serge Noire!

mmm! think i read something positive about serge noire on basenotes. borneo 1834 sounds like it would be a little more polarizing, but incense and cardamom!

side question: does anyone know of any warm, vanillic shampoos and conditioners? i love amber-y, oriental, smoky, leathery scents and wish i didn't have to "interrupt them" with the soapy/shampooey smell of my hair. that said, i like my hair to smell good. how do you avoid "clashing"?

Borneo 1834 is really nice; the patchouli is not sweet and heavy, but herbal and aromatic. The combination of cocoa and patchouli is interesting!

I haven't worn Noire so can't comment on it.

demimondaine, I like Lush's Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo; I find that the smell of it complements the amber-y, oriental smoky leathery scents very nicely!

as much of a beauty addict as I am, I have never heard of them. :shock:

Does anyone want to recommend me something? :flower:

I only have 3 SL samples and only love A La Nuit - but I am a jasmine lover! The other two I am not a huge fan of - Arabie and Daim Blond. I especially disappointed with DB... I think I will try Fumerie Turque, Serge Noire and Un Lys whenever I can get a chance

Borneo 1834 is really nice; the patchouli is not sweet and heavy, but herbal and aromatic. The combination of cocoa and patchouli is interesting!

I haven't worn Noire so can't comment on it.

demimondaine, I like Lush's Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo; I find that the smell of it complements the amber-y, oriental smoky leathery scents very nicely!

finally sniffed borneo 1834 and serge noire. liked the latter a lot more than the former. have also purchased the cynthia sylvia stout shampoo and LOVE it! thanks tangerine! still haven't been able to find MKK or the turkish delight fragrance, but want to try them out. ambre sultan might be my next purchase.

I had a 'Petit Livre' years ago, but as the range has greatly extended since that time, I got around to requesting a new one a fortnight ago. It arrived today, with a handwritten note from the Salons thanking me for my card, with a full complement of wax samples. It made my morning.

I have and LOVE Serge Noire. To me, Noire smells as dark as one very creepy night. It howl with incense and dark petals. It seems mysterious that causes death or worst. Slightly sweet on the middle note and quickly grown butter wood at the end. The rich and longevity are superb!

Lutens is now launching a new sort of scent - L'Eau Serge Lutens - which has been described as 'l'anti-parfum'.

"This creation is my response to a world that is overscented... I might even say 'embalmed'... in the sense that the ritual of wearing perfume is no longer about romance but part of a meaningless ritual."

Here's the master himself in a conceptual video for the perfume:

http://www.salons-shiseido.fr/leau_serge_lutens/v/

Oh yes - and Muscs Koublai Khan is now in the export line for a limited time, so it should be a little easier to get hold of a bottle at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->