Sex and the City/And Just Like That... (HBO Series)

Carrie is no way a real modern woman -or someone you can praise. She is materialistic and selfish. She can't even take care of herself finaincially!:blink: The way she treats man is... blah. I find the show trying to justify every mistake she makes. Especially with Big. He was MARRIED! Yet she keeps asking: man, I can't believe there is a person -Big's wife- who hate me that much.:sick: I don't care. Wrong is wrong. And then all of her friends start saying com'on it's not your fault or "who does she think she is?". It is through those espisode that I think the character Charlotte may be is the character I hate the least. She is like the only one there with a bit of morals. "What do you know about her?... You worry about what will happen to YOU if she finds out! You don't know a single thing about Natasha!" Man, I love those words.:flower: And I just want to slap Carrie in the face! The show portraits these women with a good life. While not all of NYers have that. Tell me I'm wrong, but life in NY is not paradise!!! I am all about "sex is not the enemy". But there is a limit to it. You can't have sex with just ANYONE. The show expects viewers to forget that point by saying: they are independent women who live in big city. Last time I check, independence and big city doesn't mean f***ing with married men!:angry: I had a good laugh when MadTV made fun of it and made a show called "Sluts and the City". May be that is more realistic!

yikes, it's a show people.
I have my favorite shows that have been ridiculed beyond belief but I don't take it that seriously. Reminder: Fictional people, fictional characters!

Anyways the reason why I came to this thread:
I just saw a rerun of this show and ohhh, I miss Aidan :lol:. He is seriously my dream guy :blush:.

oolie coco said:
Problems that Carrie complained about
- My Russian boyfriend is too romantic with me :shock:
- I lost my shoes :shock:
- My boyfriend wants to marry me :shock:
- My boyfriend wants to buy my apartment :shock:
- my exboyfriend wants to buy my apartment :shock:

OH GOODDDD LOOOOORRD

Let's not forget "My boyfriend is too perfect!"
Once again, Aidan...

What I found most unsettling about Carrie's character was her lack of travel.

A 35 year old woman who "has $40,000 worth of shoes," as Aiden said, and she'd never been to Europe? I personally think traveling is so important -- it is difficult to be chic without being exposed to different cultures. Carrie should have spent some of that Blahnik money on an airplane ticket earlier in her life!

Loupdeloo said:
I am in 100% agreement with this post. By the end of the series, Carrie had become THE most selfish, self-absorbed pain in the *** ever. It would infuriate me the way she would interrupt her friends to make "clever" little "quips" about herself and her own issues. Bad writing, folks!
:rolleyes:

I think Carrie's taking-over of the show has to do with SJP herself... whom I cannot actually stand. She seems to be an anal control freak who's nerves are drawn so taut it seems as if she might at any moment snap.

Interesting that so many people associate Carrie with Sarah Jessica, when they're so different... stylistically most of all. SJP puts on an Oscar de la Renta dress and everyone oooo's and ahhh's... she has none of the creativity Patricia Field lent Carrie on the show.

LoveMyBoots said:
Let's not forget "My boyfriend is too perfect!"
Once again, Aidan...

this annoyed me so much. when she was with big she hated what he put her through..and then when she was with aidan she wanted something to go wrong :rolleyes:
carrie is soo selfish..like other people have said she has the most superficial problems of all the characters. miranda had a baby, charlotte lost a baby and had a divorce, richard cheated on samantha, samantha gets breast cancer. yet carrie still finds the time to talk about a stupid post-it note. i can't stand sjp for the life of me. shes got great style on the show..but she can't be credited. i dont think shes that attractive at all..sometimes she can look pretty, but mostly she just has little pinched features. shes definitely not the funniest or most interesting. miranda is my favourite character..she has me in stitches everytime plus shes more real than the other characters

my favourite miranda quotes..
miranda - carrie i'm pregnant
carrie - you're joking
miranda - no i just thought it would be a fun thing to say :lol:

charlotte - you only get two great loves in your life
miranda - did you find that in convenient theories for you weekly? :lol:

:heart: miranda

Last edited by a moderator:
city girl said:

I agree, Miranda had some of the best lines. I liked her character more and more as the show progressed, along with Samantha. I liked Carrie and Charlotte less and less.

Aww I understand why so many of you were really annoyed by Carrie near the end, but I was always most similar to her and had gone through issues like hers, no matter what she ever did I instantaneously took her side, it just came naturally. I don't know if I thought about it objectively it may have annoyed me as well but at the end of the day she's Carrie and I just love her! :flower:

photo from www.hbo.com/city

i love them shoes where can i buy them. I know they are CL but i cant find them any where.
also in that same episope (i heart ny) she is wearing a shoe bracelet any body know who makes it.

Carrie has the worst fashion sense ever! She just throws in everything expensive and hot in that moment but never has any style. I can only see her outfit, not her! Not to say why people think she is a new icon for beauty. I love unique beauty. But she is not beautiful! And in that commercial for her perfume, is it just me or SJP has a really skinny, veiny body??? All her muscles stood out. They didn't appear to be lovely and feminine at all!!!

^ she is soo pretentious in that ad. she like puts her hand over her face and goes 'lovely' in this stupid voice. she really thinks she is god's gift

I think we should watch it for fun as a comedy, not as a documentary of New York singles. :smile:
On other forums I often read shocked and angry comments about Sex and the City and I'm always confused why some ppl can't take it easier...
I don't mean that everybody has to like it, but thinking seriously about this is just too narrow-minded... :lol: /in my opinion/... :blush:

Midori said:
I think we should watch it for fun as a comedy, not as a documentary of New York singles. :smile:
On other forums I often read shocked and angry comments about Sex and the City and I'm always confused why some ppl can't take it easier...

I completely agree. I am actually a very open-minded, realistic woman... and I've never had any problems with this show. It's enjoyable to watch, and it's entertainment... and that's all I take it for. :flower:

wow some harsh comments, personally i watch it becuz its amusing and it makes me laugh, and i alos love carries fashion sense. its not like shes a godess or nething its just really creative and fun, its inspiring actually....

^ Yes, harsh comments abound in this thread. ^_^

I was surprised to read some of the posts here. I love the show. It's entertaining and funny and sometimes brings up interesting topics such as double standards towards women. I really cant judge carries character because everybody screws up.

Thanks Hanne, i got 69% (weird since i have the dvds and i love the show:doh: ). I understand all of you, but don't forget it's FICTION.

FashionJunkie said:
Thanks Hanne, i got 69% (weird since i have the dvds and i love the show:doh: ). I understand all of you, but don't forget it's FICTION.
Ha ha... we'll in my defense I have the dvd shoebox as well.. and I had a LOT of time on my hands during the last months of my pregnancy.. and a tendency for viewing SATC while doing loathsome chores such as ironing...and there was an awful lot of ironing to be done..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->