Sex and the City Movie *Update* The Movie Sequel in the Works

poshigirl

Reaction score
I just read in a norwigian site that all the girls are agree to make a movie from the sex and the city.. have anyone hear more about it or just a rumour?:innocent:

Cause they was planned to make a movie long time ago but Kim who played Samantha wasnt agree to join the rest of the girls but now she finally said YES to do it but I hope this is true! I really want to see a comeback with those girls specially if its about Sex and the city ^_^ :woot:

I hope they don't do a movie, that would ruin the whole SATC era, it was great, but it is over.

I know what you mean! But wouldnt just be great to see a movie with those girls for the last time???

as much as I :heart: SATC....I hope they DO NOT make a movie. That would destroy the legacy of SATC!

I hope this gossip is true... it will be perfect for watching movie..
carrie and big's happiness we didn't see them together at the end of the sixth season..
charlotte and his new baby
miranda's son..
samantha and his boyfriend's wedding may be =)

I don't think SaTC is movie material. They should leave it as a brilliant tv show.

I think that is a rumor from some hopeful fans.

There was a script written (confirmed) but it will never happen.

I wouldn't want it to, either. I think it'd be nice in a few years to have a "reunion" show, just the cast & crew around talking for an hour or so about memories of filming and what not - but I don't want a movie.

I'm not sure.. what would be the story? They would simply continue from the end of the series? It sounds bad. :(
However i really hope they can make a good movie cause i miss them a lot. ^_^

I don't believe it... but I would go and see it, there's no denying that.

I don't think it's movie material; seems to me that it isn't the kind of thing that would make a good movie. It'd be difficult to capture the magic of such a huge series into one bitsy movie.

I think that instead they should just do a two-hour television special or something like that. It just seems like transferring tv shows into movies doesn't have a great track-record.

Either way, I totally would watch it.

SJP said that the storyline of the movie was suppose to be Charlotte and Miranda going to China to pick up the baby. And TWO weddings.

Skirt said:
There was a script written (confirmed) but it will never happen.

I wouldn't want it to, either. I think it'd be nice in a few years to have a "reunion" show, just the cast & crew around talking for an hour or so about memories of filming and what not - but I don't want a movie.

I agree. A movie would ruin the show, probably.

oh no... they cannot make a movie.... the TV series was just so perfect!!

but if they end up making one, i'll still definitely go see it!!

The girl who played Samantha doesnt want to do the movie .. this has been known for ages ... as soon as the series wrapped there were rumours about this but she quoted "scheduling conflicts" (read I HATE SJP -well they dont get along)

And there's already a thread about this ....

^ right. the word around the set is that SJP got miffed that Kim was associated more to the show and being SJP's the main character and her storyline, audience have Kim pegged as the most popular and audience have her in the forefront. After that it went downhill in the "friendship" category. And when SJP got to produce/write/direct which means telling Kim what do to and writing her lines, whoa! it was seething hatred between the two. However, you would'nt have known how much they dislike each other when the camera's rolling. True actors, i must say.

SEX AND THE CITY TO RETURN?We don't want to get your hopes up, but it looks like negotiations to make the film version of Sex And The City are back on track. The four leading ladies – Sarah Jessica Parker , Kristin Davis, Kim Cattrall and Cynthia Nixon have all resumed talks with the studio that wants to take the cult TV show onto the big screen. After the series ended in 2004 rumours circulated that the film was a no-go because Kim Cattrall refused to be involved, but a studio source now says "substantial negotiations have opened with each of the stars' teams this week… Obviously, there is still a lot to be worked out contractually, but it would be amazing to get this project off the ground. There is no doubt that fans cannot wait to see them all reunited." Here's hoping Carrie and the girls will soon be putting their Manolos back on and hitting the Manhattan sidewalk for more adventures. (6 November, 2006) SOURCE: IMDB.COM

from Glamour.co.uk

SATC remains to be one of my favorite shows... but the movie is gonna ruin it, without a doubt!! They should leave it the way it is. It's perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->