Sex and the City/And Just Like That... (HBO Series)

purexelegance

Reaction score
is it just me or does sex and the city irritating?

carrie and her stupid antics with big and the other guy... gosh i forgot his name

the really nice one. ungh.

she should've stayed with him but she ends up with big.

i think there's something seriously wrong with that.

and sarah jessica parker really irritates me. she seems fake. but i still like her style but i dont understand why people like her and call her america's sweetheart.

I never saw a single episode of that show. once i was ashamed, now i'm sort of proud. but it's actually shameful cause i should be getting cable or something at this point. :lol:

I do find it irritating because the writers try to make Carrie out to be the ultimate in urban sophistication and independence, when she is clearly lacking in open-mindedness (she has the attitude that everything off the island of Manhattan is to be looked down on) and is very immature and irresponsible about how she deals with her personal life (we all have weak moments, but the problem is that Carrie thinks her immaturity and irresponsibility--financial, personal, with friends, with men--make her cool and whimsical).

Last edited by a moderator:
totally agreed with you sunkist,

she is soooo immature. it's like GROW UP. gosh. i don't understand why people like her at all.

and sjp is UGLY.

and it's so unrealistic that she has such a nice apartment after all the manolos and everything else she buys...

i personally think that since SJP is the executive producer and stuff, she actually thinks the role of carrie is charming and very much like her own personality...

probably SJP is like that so ergh... :yuk:

I only started watching the show this year, really, and I find it pretty enjoyable (although overrated). I don't like Carrie or Charlotte much (I agree with what you girls are saying about her closed mindedness), but I find Samantha and Miranda to be hilarious. It's not a favourite of mine, but I'll watch it occasionally.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started watching Sex and the City two years ago, i got all six seasons...my sister hates it but she loves friends...I tell her its like friends but with girlie stuff...she says its more like a sex talk show...But I like sex and the city because it shows New York to international viewers and it conveys women trouble and you do find ppl like Charlotte around...( Rasies her hands shyly, yeah i am conservative and you can call that being close minded and tradtional...but thats the way i was raised) style wise i love carrie's outfits and her hialorious talks about shopping...But i sometimes find it a bit werid because a women in my country when she is in her 30's she has a family and a carreer...But its enjoyable to understand the women's trouble in other countries even if its conveyed in an exagertted form with a touch of comic...

i think sex and the city doesn't convey an accurate portrayal of american women...

because all american women aren't so annoying and so complicated like that.

we don't have that much drama...

dulci, i'm a new yorker and all new yorkers aren't like that. i think sex and the city is a bad portrayal of us.

aw! I love sex and the city =) i dont realli think it has all that much relavence to actual women of today,but hey its a Tv show, How many do ?
It send across a message of strong friendship and dealing with yourself and who you are not just sex thats what i loveee how Carrie Miranda Charlotte and sam are all such good friends yet there all so different ..but this is just little old mes opinion =P hehe

purexelegance said:

she is soooo immature. it's like GROW UP. gosh. i don't understand why people like her at all.

and sjp is UGLY.

and it's so unrealistic that she has such a nice apartment after all the manolos and everything else she buys...

i personally think that since SJP is the executive producer and stuff, she actually thinks the role of carrie is charming and very much like her own personality...

probably SJP is like that so ergh... :yuk:
yeah, carrie's attitudes in the show were sometime so stuck-up, unrealistic and sometimes even childish, she irritated me... she was the second least likeable character, after miranda, of course... sometimes the plots were like that too, but still i love it and i miss it dearly

Well, I'll just look at Sex and City for what it is - just a TV show :flower:

I must admit that SJP's character acts a bit too cutesy for her age, but I really like the clothes she worn in the sixth (last) season, which imho, was the best stylistically :smile:

I loooved the show...started watching it when I was like 13 :lol: but I couldn't stand Carrie from about the 3rd season on. She went from actually talking to just OOOHing and AHHing all the time :yuk: . and "me likey"?...oh god me BARFY :sick:

She is somehow potrayed as the ideal modern woman who is capable of taking care of herself which clearlty cannot do. And with all the money she spends on Manolos, its a wonder she is nt broke and homeless. Its too unrealistic

I loved it for the fashion esp in the 5th and 6th seasons. It was pretty funny here and there too. I didn't have a favourite character though. Probably a little bit of each.

MulletProof said:
I never saw a single episode of that show. once i was ashamed, now i'm sort of proud. but it's actually shameful cause i should be getting cable or something at this point. :lol:

I also have never seen a single episode. Until recently I had never seen Friends and I'm proud to say that I still haven't seen Jerry Springer, ever. Go team!

purexelegance said:

and sjp is UGLY.

I think that just really didn't help your point :wink::P

.. I like sex and the city, not the best thing EVER, but I do find it wholly entertaining.

^Agree!! :D
And SJP is not ugly, I think she's beautiful, each person is beautiful. Differently :flower:

I like SAtC, thou must agree it was overrated but I found it quite funny and entertaining... :lol:
I remember clapping my hands on the last season where she wears such bloomy dress in Paris. All I was thinking was, Ohgah, she walks in that thing?? :blink:

i dont know i dont mean to offend anyone but...

if she does have the personality she does in sex and the city,

it would make me think she's ugly.

no offense.

im not saying she's really ugly but ungh. she's not absolutely as flawless as everyone says.

omg, big fan here. I love it because it is so out there and completely unrealistic. My tv style is not wanting to watch my life portrayed on tv.

If the fifth character wasnt NYC, I wouldnt know if it would be any good.

I love that Carrie wore things that were crazy and wouldnt be worn by anyone in the real world. I do agree that Carrie became annoying from season 4 on. I can barely stand her in season 5. I dont think SJP is attractive, but she can look good if you know what I mean. I do like Carrie but Miranda is my absolute fav character. Her style and hair and makeup from season 2 are my fav. I hate the later yrs.

IRL, SJP is so annoying! If you saw her on Larry King, you will know what I mean. :shock: She couldnt answer a question to save her life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->