Sex vs. Clothes: Women Answer!

kissmesweet

Reaction score
genImage.aspx

A woman walks past advertisements for designer clothes inside a shopping mall in Beijing December 13, 2006. Women on average say they would be willing to give up sex for 15 months for a closet full of new apparel, with 2 percent ready to abstain from sex for three years in exchange for new duds, according to a new survey of about 1,000 women in 10 U.S. cities. REUTERS/Claro Cortes IV

NEW YORK, Feb 5 (Reuters Life!) - For most women, the choice between sex and a new wardrobe is simple -- they go for the clothes.
Women on average say they would be willing to give up sex for 15 months for a closet full of new apparel, with 2 percent ready to abstain from sex for three years in exchange for new duds, according to a new survey of about 1,000 women in 10 U.S. cities.
Sixty-one percent of women polled said it would be worse to lose their favorite article of clothing than give up sex for a month.
"Some people say clothes make the man, but the right clothes can even replace him," fashion designer, stylist and TV personality Carson Kressley from the reality TV show "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" said in a statement accompanying the poll.

The study also suggested that clothes often wear better than relationships.

The average woman between 18 and 54 years of age has hung on to her favorite article of clothing for 12 and a half years, a year longer than she's held on to her longest relationship.
Almost three-quarters of respondents, or 70 percent, also said they believed in love at first sight when it came to finding the perfect article of clothing, while only 54 percent of women were as confident in spotting the right man.
Nearly half of the women, or 48 percent, taking part in the survey by consumer products giant Unilever said their favorite article of clothing was more reliable than their man in giving them confidence and making them feel sexy.

Source: Reuters

HA...CNNHeadline news has been giving me information about this survey just about every 15-20 minutes.

Hell, I'm 21 and haven't had sex...what does that get me? Apparently about 17 new waredrobes...?

I guess women are taught to be more appearance-oriented than sexually-oriented.

youarearockstar said:
HA...CNNHeadline news has been giving me information about this survey just about every 15-20 minutes.

Hell, I'm 21 and haven't had sex...what does that get me? Apparently about 17 new waredrobes...?

You and I both brother. :lol:

I'd rather have sex, honestly. I mean...you're naked anyway.

My choice would totally depend on the kind of clothes and the sexual partner!

I`d give up sex for a year for an entire Gucci Collection but I`d still pick Shaun DeWet over the Gucci Collection :wink:

^Since I'm waiting til marriage and I'm 18 and haven't dated or kissed yet...I'll take a few Giles Deacon pieces, s'il vous plait.

That's the saddest thing I've heard today :ninja: And I listened to Davy C on the radio earlier...

Trista said:
^Since I'm waiting til marriage and I'm 18 and haven't dated or kissed yet...I'll take a few Giles Deacon pieces, s'il vous plait.

Yay for virgins.:woot:

I`d give up sex forever for whole chloe collections :rofl: I don't do it that often anyway

I hate sex...can I have a lifetime supply of couture please? O_O

i would take sex. i'd rather have a gorgeous man on me than a gorgeous dress!

mimiko said:
I`d give up sex forever for whole chloe collections :rofl: I don't do it that often anyway

Ever wondered if we maybe do something "wrong"? Every time I go to Gucci, Chanel etc I see women with their (mostly older) men - they leave with coats, boots and bags full of stuff. I leave the store Single with one pair of pumps or sunglasses (paid with my own money that I worked for).

So it appears one doesn`t have to give up sex to get Designer clothes...:innocent:

*sigh* But I guess one`s own pride and independence are hot accessories too. B)

give up 15 months for a closet full of new apparel...
are you serious?
if you pick sex, you can still shop, right?
i'll take sex...

ha ha this is a funny thread... I think my life would be sooooo much easier without either!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->