Sexiest movie moment

Bluestar07

Reaction score
0,,2005341125,00.jpg
Basically sexy ... Sharon Stone
trans.gif
By GISELLA FARRELL
Sun Online

THE moment in Basic Instinct when Sharon Stone uncrossed her legs while not quite fully dressed has been voted the sexiest film moment of all time.

The steamy clip beat Anne Bancroft seducing a young Dustin Hoffman in The Graduate and Bond girl Ursula Andress emerging from the waves in Dr No.

Mickey Rourke enjoying the contents of his fridge with sexy Kim Basinger in 9 1/2 Weeks came fourth.

Cameron Diaz’s 'hair gel' scene in There’s Something About Mary was voted the funniest movie scene.

0,,2005341122,00.jpg
Funniest movie clip ... Cameron as Mary

It beat the legendary Bohemian Rhapsody scene from Wayne’s World and hapless Ben Stiller accidentally smashing an urn full of ashes in Meet the Parents.

Scariest was Janet Leigh’s shower scene in Psycho, ahead of chilling performances by Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs and Jack Nicholson in The Shining.

Top thriller scene was the moment in Dirty Harry when Clint Eastwood said: “Tell me punk, do you feel lucky?”

Harrison Ford shooting a crazed swordsman in Raiders of the Lost Ark was voted the best action scene.

And most romantic scene was Patrick Swayze lifting Jennifer Gray out of the water in Dirty Dancing.

0,,2005341126,00.jpg
Indiana Jones ... action man

The survey of 1,200 people was carried out by Sony Ericsson - who are running a competition asking the nation to re-enact their favourite scenes on their camera phones.

Here are the winning movie moments in full:

Top 5 Sexiest Scenes

1. Basic Instinct: Sharon Stone crossing her legs
2. The Graduate: Dustin Hoffman: "Mrs Robinson, are you trying to seduce me?"
3. Dr No: Ursula Andress emerges from the waves
4. 9 1/2 Weeks: Mickey Rourke and Kim Basinger in front of the fridge
5. Wild Things: Matt Dillon's threesome with Denise Richards and Neve Campbell

Top 5 Comedy Scenes

1. There’s Something About Mary: Cameron Diaz’s "hair gel" moment
2. Wayne’s World: Mike Myers and Dana Carvey sing Bohemian Rhapsody
3. American Pie: Jason Biggs "tests" the apple pie
4. Meet the Parents: Ben Stiller smashes an urn full of ashes
5. Dumb and Dumber: Jeff Daniels gets his tongue stuck to a ski lift

Top 5 Horror Scenes

1. Psycho: shower scene
2. Alien: alien bursting out of John Hurt's stomach
3. Silence of the Lambs: Anthony Hopkins: "I ate his liver with a nice Chianti"
4. The Shining: Jack Nicholson: "Here's Johnny!"
5. The Exorcist: girl’s head spins 360 degrees

Top 5 Crime/Thriller Scenes

1. Dirty Harry: Clint Eastwood: "Tell me punk, do you feel lucky?"
2. Thelma and Louise: Geena Davis and Susan Sarandon drive off a cliff
3. The Godfather: horse's head in the bed
4. North by Northwest: Cary Grant pursued by a plane
5. Heat: Robert de Niro and Al Pacino talking in the cafe

Top 5 Action Scenes

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark: Harrison Ford shoots a swordsman
2. Speed: Keanu Reeves discovers the bomb on the bus
3. The Matrix: limbo freeze frame scene
4. Bullitt: San Francisco car chase
5. Superman: Christopher Reeves saves Lois Lane falling from a building

Top 5 Romantic Scenes

1. Dirty Dancing: Patrick Swayze lifts Jennifer Gray out of the water
2. Gone With The Wind: Clark Gable: "Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn."
3. Officer and a Gentleman: Richard Gere sweeps Debra Winger off her feet
4. Some Like It Hot: Marilyn Monroe’s skirt blowing in the wind
5. From Here To Eternity: Burt Lancaster and Deborah Kerr kiss on the beach

Hmm...I think Marilyn's skirt was most famously blowing in the seven year itch. With the white dress.

Hmmm. I disagree with a lot of the choices. Some of my faves:

-When Daniel Day Lewis takes off Michelle Pfeiffer's glove in the Age of Innocence- they are both fully clothed and yet it's totally erotic
-When Jennifer Grey and Patrick Swayze start dancing and end updancing their way into bed-it's like they take to dance to it's natural conclusion
-When Emmy Rossum and Gerrard Butler perform "Point of No Return" in "Phantom of the Opera" the song itself has very erotic lyrics(you have come here/In pursuit of your deepest urge/In pursuit of that wish which 'til now has been silent/silent.../I have brought you/ That our passions will fuse and merge/ In your mind you've already imagined/ our bodies entwining defensless and silent/ Now you are here with me, no second thought you've decided/Decided...) and the characters and the music sort of dance around each other until the music climaxes and the characters come crashing together- once again both are fully clothed
-When Kate Winslet and Jim Carrey are in bed in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". She's talking about how she felt like she was ugly as a child, and how she had an ugly doll which she would order the doll to be pretty, because she thought that if the doll was pretty, she would be too. Jim Carrey starts kissing her and saying "you're so pretty" over and over again, as they start to make love. There is just a tremendous sense of intimacy in the scene.

Oh this is irresistable. I have to post some of mine too:

- When Patrick Swayze says "Nobody puts baby in a corner" in DD: A magical moment in the history of film :wink:
- Greta Garbo in front of the mirror at her lover's house in Camille. Stunning dress - one of the most beautiful I've ever seen and the whole movie is just amazing.
- The sniffing scene in The Faculty - Josh Hartnett forces Elijah Wood et al to sniff his home made stash.
- Keira Knightly sets Johnny Depp's rum on fire when they are stranded on a desolate island in "Pirates of the Caribbean". That whole sequence is beautiful.
- Marilyn Monroe's dancing and singing in the title song - in one of the most beautiful dresses ever - in "Gentlemen prefer blondes".
- Catherine Deneuve fixes an old lady's nails in a beauty parlour in "Repulsion" and suffers a spell of acute psychosis.
- Gloria Swanson walking down the stairs in "Sunset Boulevard".
- Diana Rigg singing "You're the top" in Agatha Christie's "Evil under the sun".
- Silvana Morgano dancing in the grass with her young child Oidipus in Pasolini's "Oidipus Rex". Knock out scene - I swear my dopamine levels must have hit the max with this scene of the most serene beauty.
- Speaking of dopamine - the notorious LA band London relate their debaucheries in the classic 80s rockumentary "The decline of western civilization, part II" is also a humoristic classic.

Last edited by a moderator:
phoebe cates coming out of the pool in fast times in ridgemont high

one of my favorite sexy ones was in Boys And Girls when they went back to her place... IDK, it just drives me up a tree!

Touching moments:
-Celie and Nettie at the end of the "Color Purple"
-end of ET when saying goodbye to Elliot
-Finding the lava rock in Shawshank Redemption

Totally agree with the choice for #1 sexiest scene. Sharon Stone was the personification of the femme fatale in that scene....that was seduction in it's most perverse form, total mind f**k.

However, I completely disagree with the Wild Things choice. That was hardly sexy, I mean maybe if it were made 15-20 years before it would've been, but in today's society where girls kissing girls is so un-taboo it just loses all of it's erotic charge.

One scene that I'm shocked got overlooked for sexiest was the chess scene from the original Thomas Crown Affair with Faye Dunaway and Steve McQueen.

The horror choices are pretty good. Psycho's shower scene is still scary today, and yet it doesn't have all of the visible gore and blood that all of today's horror movies do, I think that's a testament to it's genius filming.

Silence of the Lambs, well, how they narrowed it down to just one scary scene, I don't know cause I still can't watch that movie.

And someone screwed up with Marilyn's skirt scene, that's from The Seven Year Itch, not Some Like It Hot.

jack nicholson has his way like an animal with jessica lange on the kitchen table in the postman always rings twice. they were not acting

lostgirl said:
-When Daniel Day Lewis takes off Michelle Pfeiffer's glove in the Age of Innocence- they are both fully clothed and yet it's totally erotic
I completely agree with that choice, especially since I was incredibly suprised film makers today would have the self restraint to depict sexuality in such a way :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
For me one of the best sexiest moment is Marilyn Monroe in Let's Make Love when she slides down a pole and sings my heart belongs to daddy

Hmmm I love Angelina Jolie's "I'll jam this in my aorta" scene in Girl, Interrupted. Also the "why does nobody push my buttons" scene at the end. Also numerous Tomb Raider scenes.

Sarah Michelle Gellar's "I'm the Marsha f*cking Brady of the Upper East Side" scene of Cruel Intentions. Also the "I'll give you something you've been obsessing over ever since our parents got married" scene.

When Isabelle Adjani's Margot stops being afraid and lorded over by the men around her (and the masculine Catherine De Medici) and starts plotting herself in La Reine Margot.

I think powerful women rock. Far hotter than any man and I'm straight!

As for men. Hmm Christian Bale in anything? Ok I liked so many of his tortured Equilibrium scenes -preferably with no shirt.

Montgomery Clift in the Misfits and in Red River

Redford in All The President's Men, Cusack's gormless charm in High Fidelity, Washington as Don Pedro in Much Ado... -what they call the thinking woman's sex symbols.

As for Marilyn, I think her beauty is not in her sexiness (which I don't get) but in her vulnerability. I am not sure that makes it necessarily sexy.

lostgirl said:
-When Jennifer Grey and Patrick Swayze start dancing and end updancing their way into bed

That was going to be my post. :smile: I think that moment is SO sexy, when they're dancing in his dark room to Solomon Burke's "Cry to Me"... and super sexy song... :blush:

MIne is when Clark Gable sweeps up Vivien Leigh and starts up the stairs with her....man oh man :woot:

Top romantic scene for me is in Great Expectations of Ethan Hawke and Gwyneth Paltrow kissing at the water fountain in NYC. Now this movie sucked so much, but this kiss is by far one of the best I've ever seen on film. Ethan is taking a sip of water and all of a sudden Gwyneth kisses him while he's still drinking, imitating their first kiss when they were kids. That was HOT. Also later when she runs after him in the rain in her Donna Karen dress and catches up with him and they practically jump on each other was also HOT.

great choices, everyone! much better than the sun's choices :innocent:
my choice would be the scene in Notorious when ingrid bergman and cary grant are kissing on the balcony of their hotel on the beach

lostgirl said:
-When Kate Winslet and Jim Carrey are in bed in "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". She's talking about how she felt like she was ugly as a child, and how she had an ugly doll which she would order the doll to be pretty, because she thought that if the doll was pretty, she would be too. Jim Carrey starts kissing her and saying "you're so pretty" over and over again, as they start to make love. There is just a tremendous sense of intimacy in the scene.

:wub: :heart:

What about Antonio Banderas and Angelina Jolie in Original Sin? That was very sexy Two beautiful people in Havana Sigh.. :smile:

Label Basher said:
Top romantic scene for me is in Great Expectations of Ethan Hawke and Gwyneth Paltrow kissing at the water fountain in NYC. Now this movie sucked so much, but this kiss is by far one of the best I've ever seen on film. Ethan is taking a sip of water and all of a sudden Gwyneth kisses him while he's still drinking, imitating their first kiss when they were kids. That was HOT. Also later when she runs after him in the rain in her Donna Karen dress and catches up with him and they practically jump on each other was also HOT.

OMG also when she was about to marry that ****hole and they are in a restaurant and Ethan walks in all wet and offers her his han. The fiance was like 'everything is ok' to the guests and he tries to diffuse the situation but then Gwyneth gets up and she and Ethan half walk half dance each other out of the restaurant where they make out in the pouring rain. Ahh I remember the time I thought Ethan was sooo cute and Gwyneth was the most important movie star in my world -kind of like the space Angelina Jolie occupies now. Hmmm 'Days gone by huh?'

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->