SF Fashion Week

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by clay, Aug 26, 2004.

1. clay

clay New Member

San Francisco Fashion Week™ promises the infusion of fashion, art, music, culture and style into a week-long series of events put on like no other city in the world could do. This is Fashion Week - San Francisco STYLE!
    San Francisco Fashion Week™ will be held at The Palace of Fine Arts from August 26 to 29, 2004, and will showcase Spring 2005 Collections from fifteen of the top emerging and established fashion designers from the Bay Area, West Coast and New York. With media partnerships with Zink Magazine, San Francisco Magazine, SF Weekly and SF Station, this groundbreaking event has already captured the curiosity and support of established and emerging talent from the fashion and media industries.

Intended to unify the city's growing fashion community and spark interest in what’s going on fashion-wise in San Francisco, the focus of Fashion Week™ is to bring fashion to the forefront of this city's culture. San Francisco Fashion Week™ is devoted to providing an innovative platform for talented, emerging designers to gain exposure and showcase their abilities to the media, trade and consumers in this spirited, cosmopolitan location.

Join us at the San Francisco Fashion Week

August 26-29, 2004

Palace of Fine Arts Theater

check www.fashionweek-sf.com for more information!

I just mentioned this and here it is. If anybody has pics post whenever you can ,please. :woot:

2. faust

faust New Member

Cool! SanFran is a very cultural city, good for them.

3. clay

clay New Member

I used to intern for a woman there named Babette. She is one of the better known designers in SF. She is doing really well now and just purchased a factory ( bought a space for her factory) in Oakland. That is really refreshing considering it is cheaper to produce abroad. GO SF!!

4. kimair

kimair frozen

Here's a review from WWD:

5. kimair

kimair frozen

I went to the shows Friday night, and it was ok. I guess I was also expecting more local designers overall in the schedule. I know that Gap and Banana Republic (Gap, Inc. is headquartered here) have started doing runway presentations, and it would great if they staged their shows here and in NYC.

I'm sure the first Fashion Week in NYC wasn't a success, and it was a good first effort.