Sheryl Crow: The Designer

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score

i read this on fashionweekdaily. I know how everyone hates the whole "celeb" lines. but she seems like such a nice lady. i cant help but wish her the best....

The First Cut Is the Deepest
Sheryl Crow picks up the designer shears

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

(LOS ANGELES) Nine-time Grammy winner Sheryl Crow is teaming up with L.A.-based Brand Sense Partners to complement her music career with a bit of lifestyle merch.
"I am thrilled," said Crow in a press release. "I am excited at the prospect of working with [Brand Sense] to fulfill my vision of creating a line of high quality products that reflect my values."
"Sheryl has spent over twenty-five years building a phenomenally strong image and loyal fan base through unprecedented talent, intelligence and conviction,” added Brand Sense president Robert Hollander. “Our team is working to develop a lifestyle brand for her through disciplined strategic planning, coupled with world class execution."
What does this all mean? Perhaps a denim line from her country-inspired roots, a living collection for that rock ‘n’ roll home on the range, or maybe a sultry fragrance for grown-up ladies? Details are still under wraps, but the crooner’s wares are slated to hit shelves by Holiday 2008.

Why don't we all just be designers, because everybody seems to be able to design clothes/shoes...:innocent:

if i could to a backflip and a cartweel everytime , one of these people think they can become a designer simply by just plastering thier name on some stupid piece of crap, i would be the greatest gymnast alive............

What a load of crap. I'm so sick and tired of this. Singers becoming actors, Actors becoming singers, Actors becoming "designers," Singers becoming "designers," Singers becoming actors becoming "designers"...

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I love Sheryl's music it's very cool. But just cuz she's starting to suck doesn't mean she can be good at fashion.

enough already! i really do not like it when celebrities become designers. i dont care if they've made a name for themselves in the entertainment industry, if they've been on the billboard charts, whatever, that does not contribute to them being a good designer or knowing a thing about fashion!

Celebrity's should stick to buying the clothes rather than attempting to make them.

sheryl crow???
are you kidding me? the stuff she wears is crap, why does she think she can even design?

When you've got so much money who cares about making clothes. Celebs keep fooling themselves into thinking that they can design.

Squizree said:
Celebrity's should stick to buying the clothes rather than attempting to make them.

well, most of them are getting it for free now anyways...... so you cant even say they should stick to buying them!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol: As a matter of fact Zamb they're actually getting PAID to wear them, cuz they provide such good advertising.

Squizree said:
When you've got so much money who cares about making clothes. Celebs keep fooling themselves into thinking that they can design.

well they are not fooling themselves, they knoew they cant design, they know they wont have to design. all they have to do is take the money of some idiot who is willing to pay them millions for the rights to thier name , and then lie to the public about what they are doing.
it is a huge scam and it sucks. i hate it with every ability to hate that i have.

i remember three years ago i was offered the opportunity to interview for the head design job at one of these celebrity owned companies, call me
Mr. stupid, as the job was paying 120K a year at the time i was almost homeless.
and i politely passed.

there is just more to life than money, and supporting a corrupt system that i am completely against

Squizree said:
:lol: :lol: As a matter of fact Zamb they're actually getting PAID to wear them, cuz they provide such good advertising.

well this is one of the reason a lot of top companies are having so much financial trouble........as the people who make enough money to buy the clothes are actually getting them for free, being paid to wear them or taking market share, buying budget of the stores and floor space for the actual designers, it is a sick system. and just when you think it is dying or dead, it rears its ugly corrupt head again......
its turns my stomach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wtf...i've never considered her very fashionable and now she thinks she can design!?

OMG!!! the whole mickey mouse circus again...

who's next? Michael Jackson for Gap Kids?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->