Shia LaBeouf Arrested for DUI

miwa

Reaction score
Shia LaBeouf has been arrested for suspicion of a DUI misdemeanor.
TMZ reports the 22-year-old Transformers actor was arrested around 3 a.m. Sunday morning in Hollywood for allegedly driving drunk. Shia made a left turn in front of another car causing the two cars to collide.

Labeouf is currently undergoing surgery for a badly injured left hand.
While being interviewed on The Late Show with David Letterman in May, Shia joked, “Drinking and driving is one thing, but drinking and shopping … it’s just as bad.” What kind of jokes will Shia tell about drinking now?

Also back in November, a “pretty wasted” (those were his own words) Shia was arrested after refusing to leave a Walgreens in Chicago around four in the morning.

SHAME ON SHIA!
(justjared)

It makes me really sad, but I'm not surprised. Still, it's such a shame. :(

It's sad to say but this will probably barely get any attention because he's a guy. If it was one of the starlets in the industry this would be HUGE...and I have to say Shia needs to calm down because he is really spiraling out of control lately, and to think he could have a promising career. But he almost killed a couple people and that is way over the line...

I hate young Hollywood....seriously....what is up with these reckless imbeciles?

I mean, I don't hate Shia as an actor, because I think he's pretty decent. But....for example, I used to like Lindsay Lohan as an actor (she was so good in Parent Trap...her other films...I blame poor material), but then her personality and behavior quickly made me care so little for her, regardless of her acting ability....I'm afraid I'm beginning to feel the same towards Shia as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you serious? Didn't he get arrested recently for something else? I love him and all, but he needs to be more cautious since it's pretty bad to be DUI.

Idk if it's just because he's young and reckless but I feel he may have a bit of a drinking problem. :ninja:

Well it isn't 'recent' but he was arrested in November for refusing to leave at Walgreens.

More details:
LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- Shia LaBeouf was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving Sunday after an early morning wreck in which the "Indiana Jones" star injured his hand and knee, authorities said.

LaBeouf was trying to make a left turn at a West Hollywood intersection around 3 a.m. when his pickup collided with another vehicle, rolling the truck over, Los Angeles County Sheriff's Sgt. Scott Wolf said.

"It was immediately apparent to officers responding on the scene that LaBeouf was intoxicated and he was subsequently placed under arrest," Wolf said.

Wolf said LaBeouf was booked then released for misdemeanor DUI. The 22-year-old actor was taken to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and was being treated for injuries to his left hand and a knee, as well as a minor head injury, Wolf said.

A woman passenger in LaBeouf's truck and the driver of the other vehicle were not seriously injured. Wolf did not know the identities of the woman or the other driver.
The cause of the crash remained under investigation, Wolf said. Two attorneys listed for LaBeouf did not immediately return calls from The Associated Press on Sunday; neither did two publicists for the actor.

The accident occurred when LaBeouf, who was headed northbound on La Brea Avenue, tried to turn onto Fountain Avenue, Wolf said. The intersection is the location of "High Voltage," the tattoo parlor where the TLC reality show "LA Ink" is filmed.

LaBeouf starred in last year's summer smash hit "Transformers," and this year appears opposite Harrison Ford in "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."
LaBeouf has had previous brushes with the law, but until now they'd been relatively harmless -- to the degree that they only served to reinforce his image as a Hollywood good guy with an edge.

A drunken confrontation with guards at a Walgreens in Chicago late last year led to misdemeanor criminal trespassing charges. Arresting police in that incident noted that LaBeouf was "very courteous and polite," and the charge was dropped because the drug store didn't want to pursue the matter.

In a lighthearted retelling of the incident to David Letterman on the "Late Show," LaBeouf said: "Drinking and driving is one thing, but drinking and shopping ... it's just as bad."

LaBeouf was separately cited in February for smoking where he shouldn't in Burbank, but a judge later dismissed the charge
(cnn)

Michael Bay has to be angrier than usual now that Transformers 2 is losing its star for a month.

I think he has alot if family issues that he's not dealing with...i like him and i think he's so talented so I hope he gets his sh*t together.

on some of the articles that i read they say that it wasn't shia's fault cause the driver ran a red light. but its still not a excuse to drink and drive.

I watched E and they showed a video back in 2006 where he was talking about he's not Lindsay Lohan and now what happen.

It's sad to say but this will probably barely get any attention because he's a guy. If it was one of the starlets in the industry this would be HUGE...and I have to say Shia needs to calm down because he is really spiraling out of control lately, and to think he could have a promising career. But he almost killed a couple people and that is way over the line...

He didn't almost kill a couple of people, they were actually at fault for the accident (see this article). I don't condone drinking and driving at all, but I think it's important to note that he was not at fault - rather, the people in the other vehicle ran the red light.

I think drinking and driving is one of the most reckless things a person can do, but at the same time, most people can drive after one drink. I haven't seen any specific information regarding what his BAC was at the time, so for all we know, he could've had only a little bit to drink, and have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I think that until authorities release those reports, we should give him the benefit of the doubt. :wink:

He didn't almost kill a couple of people, they were actually at fault for the accident (see this article). I don't condone drinking and driving at all, but I think it's important to note that he was not at fault - rather, the people in the other vehicle ran the red light.

I think drinking and driving is one of the most reckless things a person can do, but at the same time, most people can drive after one drink. I haven't seen any specific information regarding what his BAC was at the time, so for all we know, he could've had only a little bit to drink, and have been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I think that until authorities release those reports, we should give him the benefit of the doubt. :wink:

I disagree, I think it was as much his problem as the other driver but to each his own. He'll get a pass this time though, but hopefully he cleans up because he clearly has issues with drinking, etc...

Shia LaBeouf’s Pinky To Be Amputated

Shia LaBeouf may have to amputate one of his injured fingers, reports Star.
Doctors have told the 22-year-old Transformers star that he is likely to lose the pinky on his left hand.
Shia called producers yesterday and told them,” the source on the set of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen in Alamogordo, N.M. says. “It’s really thrown the movie into turmoil.”
Shia had extensive injures to his left hand when his SUV rolled over twice in a July 27 accident in West Hollywood. He was arrested for suspicion of a DUI misdemeanor although do not believe the accident was his fault.

JustJared

Damn, hopefuly it won't come to that:unsure:

there was an update and its false. No Amputation:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->