Shock! Chanel Does Menswear

:rolleyes: can you believe what karl was wearing?
close up to his ugly jeans :sick: :yuk:

00620f.jpg

Originally posted by faust@Mar 9th, 2004 - 8:51 am
Ok, so besides being a self-indulgent talantless copy-cat, Karl just hit a new low. Here is his approximate quote from i-D interview I read yesterday.

"If Coco walked in this minute into Chanel, I'd say F**k you, it's my business now"
:sick: That is wroung :angry:

who own's Chanel any ways?

I think akrl should reitire, the collections are getting repetivite and dull.

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Mar 10th, 2004 - 6:33 pm
The Kopelman family.

The exact quote from i-D was. . .

Q: What would you do if she [Coco Chanel] walked in now and said: 'What the f*ck are you doing in my fashion house?'

A: I would say, 'Darling, this is no longer your business. f*ck you!'

Originally posted by chickonspeed+Mar 10th, 2004 - 5:41 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chickonspeed @ Mar 10th, 2004 - 5:41 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spacemiu@Mar 10th, 2004 - 6:33 pm
The Kopelman family.

Q: What would you do if she [Coco Chanel] walked in now and said: 'What the f*ck are you doing in my fashion house?'

A: I would say, 'Darling, this is no longer your business. f*ck you!' [/b][/quote]
I doubt anyone would say actually that to Coco. More than once. :ninja: :innocent:

:furious: i still can't belive he said that :cry:
how dare he the little :censored:

I was never a fan of Chanel under Karl Largerfeld, actually. He made it so girly and light and airy.. get the picture? Which is so not Coco, I pressume from the photos of before. Chanel originals were from menswear, the exact opposite of today's girly, innocent Chanel girl. Its like a Chanel client of before was she also wore Cristobal, but today its like she also wears Marc Jacobs. Though some of his couture collections are very intresting (Fall 2002 and Fall 2003).

As for the quote.. well Karl is bitchy and she sold her business right? :innocent:

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Mar 11th, 2004 - 4:05 pm

As for the quote.. well Karl is bitchy and she sold her business right? :innocent:
regardless what she did or not do.. the wonam is dead :cry:
its only because of Mme Chanel that Karl is what he is right now, so he's better shout his big mouth becuase he's getting ridiculous :angry:

(and he may be seriously risking his shaking Chanel chair)

That is so true, Lena! :angry: Please forgive my comment earlier (a little lost.. :ninja: ).

Even though, whether or not she sold her business, he is still under her house. He should pay respect. Even John respects Mnsr. Dior as a person (though not his house).

one cannot stay in business without growing...to stay the same is just like shriveling up and dying. i think that karl floated these outfits on men to see how it would fly with the fashion set. as far as karl lagerfeld being pretentious, hasn't he always been? it's not just been since he lost weight, he's like famous for being utterly snobbish, but he designs for CHANEL probably the most stuck-up label in the world. :doh:

Originally posted by chickonspeed+Mar 10th, 2004 - 5:41 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chickonspeed @ Mar 10th, 2004 - 5:41 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spacemiu@Mar 10th, 2004 - 6:33 pm
The Kopelman family.

A: I would say, 'Darling, this is no longer your business. f*ck you!' [/b][/quote]
:o i can NOT picture that! :lol:

no seriously, who are we kidding?!?

but then again....chanel has been worth it previously...so i'll have to check out the stuff to make a judgement!

acid, i was also told that chanel has done menswear like a looong time ago.. didint know it was 17 years ago!

on an ending note: i think i kind of liked the pants... :blush: :innocent:

i said PANTS....not JEANS! (theres a difference....at least here its a BIG difference! :lol: :lol: :ninja: )

Taken within its context, i.e., the silly hypothetical question posed by the interviewer, I don't see Karl's silly response as sacrilegious.

Furthermore, he's got an incredible history of showing his knowledge about the house. The Chanel collection a few seasons ago that featured the surfboards was a majorly clever ode to the beach at Biarritz, for example.

Originally posted by Spacemiu+Mar 10th, 2004 - 5:33 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spacemiu @ Mar 10th, 2004 - 5:33 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-faust@Mar 9th, 2004 - 8:51 am
Ok, so besides being a self-indulgent talantless copy-cat, Karl just hit a new low. Here is his approximate quote from i-D interview I read yesterday.

"If Coco walked in this minute into Chanel, I'd say F**k you, it's my business now"
:sick: That is wroung :angry:

I think akrl should reitire, the collections are getting repetivite and dull. [/b][/quote]
I may be wrong , but I think that the WERTHEIMER family actually own CHANEL , the fashion house AND , more importantly , the perfumes .

The Kopelmans own the USA franchise , I think .

KIT :innocent:

hmm, is it just me?? :unsure:
i dont see anything wrong with that!! B)

wasnt DIOR also just famed for its famous womens wear... and then introduced the DIOR HOMME range??

......... same thing here. as i dont think it really goes with the COCO image, i still think its great for those androgynous and smaller built men. (my bro is one of them :wink: )

as for copying HEDI, uhm KARL is his biggest fan and is part of the reason why Hedis line of DIOR HOMME has gained so much recognition. after all, he advertises for him as much as he can (telly, interviews, etc).
so in a way i see it as an ODE to HEDI :innocent:
whether thats good or bad, i dont know. and i dont really care. as long as it sells :flower:
i like the IDEA, fashion needs to move on and make money :doh:

i honestly dont think Hedi became famous-or that he sells- because of Karl, really .. Hedi was already a star when Karl 'discivered' him, he's actually totally and completly obsessed with Hedi (in more ways than one), which i find quite sad, i mean he's beyond repair...

at this age, he should be more respectfull to his own name and position :(

*plus there is nothing wrong in Chanel menswear, but does Chanel really need a menswear line? wouldnt it be great to just keep it the way it is?
I think i've read somewhere that Chanel is not really taking out a menswear line, that those were actually women's wear just worn by guys (but i'm not sure, maybe i'm mixed up -again)

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 13th, 2004 - 11:05 am
i honestly dont think Hedi became famous-or that he sells- because of Karl, really .. Hedi was already a star when Karl 'discivered' him, he's actually totally and completly obsessed with Hedi (in more ways than one), which i find quite sad, i mean he's beyond repair...

at this age, he should be more respectfull to his own name and position :(

*plus there is nothing wrong in Chanel menswear, but does Chanel really need a menswear line? wouldnt it be great to just keep it the way it is?
I think i've read somewhere that Chanel is not really taking out a menswear line, that those were actually women's wear just worn by guys (but i'm not sure, maybe i'm mixed up -again)
I am sure you read that in FWD , LENA :heart:
and I think that is true .
Karl is doing a YOHJI in showing his women's outfits on the opposite sex .

Remember the Yohji men's A/W collection ( 2000 , was it ? ) with all his famous women friends wearing men's outfits ?

eg Charlotte Rampling ?
Remember Vivienne Westwood ( God love us !!! ) wearing a Zero Mostel / Max Bialystock astrakhan collared overcoat ?

Karl has forgotten that an acerbic wit ONLY succeeds when it is subtle .

I am reading Colin McDowell's ' The Designer Scam ' at the moment and it is an absolute hoot on Karl .

He said , about the Antwerp Six :-

" Those people who nobody can remember their names ?....I can't tell the difference between one thing and another . Is it on purpose that it all looks the same , or what ? "

People in glass houses .....

He is an utter sycophant to Hedi and looks an absolute fool for it as you can see from the pic of him in appalling jeans at the top of the page here . :yuk:

Yours in glee :lol:

KIT :innocent:

i asked in chanel about the menswear......apparently its not strictly a menswear line as it can be worn by both......however they will be making mens sizes

the woman said 'you will be the chicest boy in london'
i would love to design a menswear line for chanel...... i can envision it now.

Originally posted by kit@Mar 13th, 2004 - 7:52 pm
I am reading Colin McDowell's ' The Designer Scam ' at the moment and it is an absolute hoot on Karl .

" Those people who nobody can remember their names ?....I can't tell the difference between one thing and another . Is it on purpose that it all looks the same , or what ? "

:shock: what he said?
:blink: i fear he's becoming completly idiotic,
i hate to be rude but in his case.. could it be just the age factor?
is he really losing it ??

OT: what is this book about? :unsure:
"the Designer Scam" sounds real great to me..
i may need to grab this as well, can i have more details kit ?
please?? :blush:

regarding the cross-dressing Yohji collection i never knew really
thanks for bringing in new info kit :flower:

as for the bisexual Chanel, i may have read this at wwd
but i also think someone mentioned this right here at the constantly updated FS

Originally posted by Lena+Mar 13th, 2004 - 12:16 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Mar 13th, 2004 - 12:16 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-kit@Mar 13th, 2004 - 7:52 pm

:shock: what he said?
:blink: i fear he's becoming completly idiotic,
i hate to be rude but in his case.. could it be just the age factor?
is he really losing it ??

OT: what is this book about? :unsure:
"the Designer Scam" sounds real great to me..
i may need to grab this as well, can i have more details kit ?
please?? :blush:

regarding the cross-dressing Yohji collection i never knew really
thanks for bringing in new info kit :flower:

as for the bisexual Chanel, i may have read this at wwd
but i also think someone mentioned this right here at the constantly updated FS [/b][/quote]
It was I myself who mentioned it at the beginning of this thread . :blush:

Karl is DEFINITELY not eating enough ( see my post on his diet in Body and Soul ) -the brain shrinks when there is not enough brain food - that's what I used to tell my girl sixth-formers on crash diets when I read theit below-par written work !!!!

' The Designer Scam '

by Colin McDowell

Hutchinson , London , 1994

Personally recommended by Kit , the pedantic ex-teacher !!! :yuk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJS33
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"