Shoes For My Prom! Help !

Discussion in 'More Accessories' started by sanchia, Jan 16, 2004.

1. sanchia

sanchia New Member

Does everyone agree that with an orange/coral coloured dress the matching bag and shoes should be gold ??
    Im looking for gold shoes to go underneath, but that i will be able to walk in! Is this possible ? I don't want to end up wearing my doc martins though! Im not very experienced in heel wearing. I don't want thin strappy heels, just a little pair that are plain but nice with a little heel that isnt too narrow and me friendly. does anyone know of any websites that ship to england ?? I also don't want to spend too much as i will only wear them one night. thanx :)

sanchia x :flower:

2. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

welcome to the board :flower:

here are 2 options i thought would go well with your choice of dress.
    they are both available at faith online (click here!) who are based in england ;)

3. leyla m.

leyla m. New Member

the previous are 50 pounds and these ones are 60! ;)

4. sbbbjm

sbbbjm New Member

could you post a pic of the dress ? i'm just having a hard time picturing that color combo. no offense to you at all, but i keep thinking bad brides maids dresses.

5. ingenue

ingenue New Member

Does your coral colored dress have any embellished color combination? I had a bridesmaid gown from BCBG in coral with embellished beadwork of green.. it was a bit odd.. but I wore gold shoes.
    Check our Rene Caovilla-- his crystal studded wrap sandals are great, and they are a bit pricey, but guaranteed you will wear yours again! :flower:

6. pinkcouture

pinkcouture New Member

Max Azria BCBG had some gold heels..and it was kind of a platform heel so they would be rather easy to walk in...

7. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

If the dresses' coral color is similar or exactly like Halle Berry's (below right) below choose RED and a similar shoe. But if the shape is similar to typical prom dress (ala Mandy Moore, below left) choose a shoe like hers but in a heel your comfortable with.

8. sanchia

sanchia New Member

thankyou so very much for your help! :) yes the colour is exactly like that of the dress that halle berry is wearing. I went out and bought a pair of gold kurt geigar shoes with quite a heel. Ive decided that i need to deal with heels and buy a cheap pair to practice in, so i float on the night !! All i need to do now is find a bag... lol :flower: