Short hair

I think the actual cut is slightly too severe for day to day wear, because you couldn't ever change it really, but if you got the graduation instead the wedge on the side, it'll be beautiful. I have a cut that is a bit like that, very close on the sides and longer on the top and one side. I like proper short hair, to me anything below the ears is long!

what is wearable for someone's daily life is very subjective :winkiss: it'd be fine for my life :flower: I definitely would modify it a bit, but I really like the sort of severe chunky cuts like this I have been seeing lately and like Hanne posted in #631

your haircut sounds lovely as well :heart:

^I agree. Inaya, you definitely have the face for that cut, and it will really set off your clothes. I would go for it! :heart:

I had an assymetrical, choppy bob as well, but, funnily enough, i was finding the short hair too severe with all the graphic/sculptural shapes and black I wear. so i've been growing it out and doing a whispy little ponytail and very long bangs over the eyes...i feel really boring now! :lol:

i want to get natalie imbruglia's old haircut, but i don't know if it's too short or if i should get something totally different... and on the right: the way my hair looks like right now

hihi.jpg

you should do it black coffee...
the shorter pieces will set off your cheekboones and eyes beautifully...

i've always love that cut myself as well...so i am slightly biased...
but i think it would really suit you !...

:flower:...

inaya...
all i can say is ...you are a brave woman!...
:P

hahaha thanks guys :lol: :heart:

I found a pic of what I meant by less severe - less rigid and more layered... I guess it's just the angles I am really in love with!!! but I would def get the bangs sliced more in the style of the pic of the blonde lady hehe

cmendez_profile1.jpg

nymag

so I guess this ^^^ is really what I want. do you guys think I should go for it?

blackcoffee
- i agree with softgrey, it is a lovely and classic cut :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
i think your haircut was great and really fitted you. on the other hand, you have the features to cut it that short and get away with it.

hahaha thanks guys :lol: :heart:

I found a pic of what I meant by less severe - less rigid and more layered... I guess it's just the angles I am really in love with!!! but I would def get the bangs sliced more in the style of the pic of the blonde lady hehe

nymag

so I guess this ^^^ is really what I want. do you guys think I should go for it?

blackcoffee
- i agree with softgrey, it is a lovely and classic cut :heart:

I would definitely go for it! I had the cut a few years back and got tons of compliments. I think it would look lovely on you :heart:

i want to get natalie imbruglia's old haircut, but i don't know if it's too short or if i should get something totally different... and on the right: the way my hair looks like right now
I loved her hair so much when it was short like that! I used to wear my hair like this a while back..in fact I think that is one of the pics I took to my hair dresser. :lol:

It would look nice on you. You sort of look like her. :flower:

thanks for the help :heart:... i guess i'll go for it, maybe a little bit longer.... we'll see, i need to call my hairdresser!!

oh and Inaya and blackcoffee...i LOVE both cuts :heart:...(the imbruglia as well as that most recent pic you posted Inaya)...go for it...you would both look fabulous i think.. please post pics if you do it!

my hair is about this length now...i wish i could get it to look like this...particularly the texture...

anyone have any suggestions?..:D

Bleaching your hair will give you that spiky texture, because it roughens up the hair cuticle. But if you don't want to go down that road, I think either matte-look pomade, strong hairspray, or dry shampoo could work, depending on your hair's natural texture. You could use the product in combination with teasing out your hair with a fine-tooth comb (combing towards the roots). I would never recommend doing that on longer hair, because it's very damaging, but short hair can withstand a lot more torture.:lol:

I ended up getting it like this (pardon the crap picture)

ezmio6.jpg

:blush::blush:

thank you :blush::heart:

as you can see it is about 1-2" long all over except the front... I left 2 long pieces in the front:

3152409045_427a1b2713.jpg

you look great, congrats!
i chopped my hair 3 days in a row! i couldn't get to the one i wanted, but luckily, i could for new year's eve, so i started the year with the haircut i wanted!!!!!
2-1.jpg
1-5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EthanY
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->