Shu Uemura Skincare

michyed

THE STRANGER
Reaction score
Did a search and couldn't find a thread for this. I have heard wonderful things about Shu Uemura products.

I want to try the Depsea Water Facial Mist. It comes in so many different scents, but the most promising one is probably the fragrance-free one. Has anybody tried any of the facial mists?

dw_ltd07_mainvisual.jpg

shopcrazy

Their cleansing oils are fantastic too! :lol:

shu-uemura-high-performance-balancing-cleansing-oil.jpg

wonderfulwortelworld@wordpress

Shu Uemura products are wonderful. They are, too me, on par with Shiseido in terms of price/quality.

I don't know about their mists, but their oils are fantastic.

:smile:

^I think Shu Uemura beats Shiseido when it comes to packaging :brows:

Which oils have you tried? :D

^ the enriched moyoco anno cleansing oil. lol.

i was using it when i went ice skiing and my skin was literally peeling from the low humidity.

^That oil looks fantastic! I've never tried any of the limited edition ones :D

I'm using the cleansing oil right now and I'm very impressed. It's perfect for taking off my eye make-up. That's the only one I've tried out of the shu skincare. But their foundation is my Holy Grail.

^Which cleansing oil are you using? I'm thinking of trying out some other cleansing oils after I'm done with my current bottle. I don't know if I should try Shu Uemura or Dermalogica though. And I agree, Shu Uemura foundations are fantastic.

The cleansing beauty oil - the one with all the antioxidants. My mom got it for me. I'm afraid it will break me out though, but I've been using it for about a week and no break outs yet. It's a bit expensive so I probably won't repurchase it when I'm done.

I currently use the deepsea mist in Rose. Its lovely, smells wonderful. Not sure if it actually has any effect tho, but it makes my moisturizer go on more smoothly. And its great for pick-ups during the day, if you feel dry

^Oh thank you! I love the packaging color of the rose mist. I guess it's just one of those refreshing toners that won't really do anything for your skin? Now I want to get it in fragrance-free and rose. :P

I've not used their skincare but oh my goodness, the Pleasure of Japanese Bath in Sakura is the most beautiful product ever! :heart: If only I could buy it here in Australia :cry: I ordered two bottles while I was in the USA but I'm struggling to get it to last!

^That still counts as skincare! :brows: And can you use it as a casual shower gel too? I'm reading about it now and it looks fantastic!

I :heart: the Brightening Cleansing Oil that a special someone sent me :wub: :blush:

I've been using it for two weeks (I think), and it has done some very nice things for my complexion! I love how it lathers, esp compared to Dermalogica Precleanse. The packaging is much more handy as well. I only cleanse with this oil, I don't exfoliate at all these days, but I tell you that this is super yummy. MUCH better than Precleanse, and much faster to use.

I don't get breakouts (but then again, why would I? There's nothing in it that can make me break out) and I hardly need any concealer on my usual red areas. :wub:

This stuff has a thicker consistency than Precleanse, and it is no fun getting this in your eyes if you have contacts! I close my eyes really tightly and I avoid getting product in my eyes most of the time :lol:

^That still counts as skincare! :brows: And can you use it as a casual shower gel too? I'm reading about it now and it looks fantastic!

I've not tried it in the shower yet... I want to pour it all over me though, it smells so delicious! :heart:

I :heart: the Brightening Cleansing Oil that a special someone sent me :wub: :blush:

I've been using it for two weeks (I think), and it has done some very nice things for my complexion! I love how it lathers, esp compared to Dermalogica Precleanse. The packaging is much more handy as well. I only cleanse with this oil, I don't exfoliate at all these days, but I tell you that this is super yummy. MUCH better than Precleanse, and much faster to use.

I don't get breakouts (but then again, why would I? There's nothing in it that can make me break out) and I hardly need any concealer on my usual red areas. :wub:

This stuff has a thicker consistency than Precleanse, and it is no fun getting this in your eyes if you have contacts! I close my eyes really tightly and I avoid getting product in my eyes most of the time :lol:

I'm so glad you like it so much! :wub: In that case, I won't bother with trying Precleanse. There are still so many Shu Uemura oils that I want to try out too!

The only thing you have to be careful about with their oils is that some of them are strictly made for oily skin. I don't have oily skin and when I accidently used one it pretty much dried out my face to no end. Haha.

^ I didn't know that. Truthfully I only really use them for taking off my eye make up. On nights when I go out they are really use to use to take off my face make up (it works really well when I'm lazy)

I am always terrified they will break me out though.

^ I didn't know that. Truthfully I only really use them for taking off my eye make up. On nights when I go out they are really use to use to take off my face make up (it works really well when I'm lazy)

I am always terrified they will break me out though.
Why do you think they would break you out? Oil doesn't make your skin break out :lol: I don't know why most people think that, so funny.

Pretty pricy for an eye makeup remover I'd say! They are meant to be used as cleansers.

Well, the oils are good daily morning/night cleansers, so I think it would be reasonable to use as a make up remover.

But I agree that oils that aren't naturally made by your own skin will not cause you to break out, unless it clogs your pores; but other ingredients other than oils can cause clogged pores.

I think it's ultimately what's best for your own skin. If you've been using the oil cleansers for a while and haven't seen any side effects, then it's safe to say it isn't going to break you out.

Well, the oils are good daily morning/night cleansers, so I think it would be reasonable to use as a make up remover.

But I agree that oils that aren't naturally made by your own skin will not cause you to break out, unless it clogs your pores; but other ingredients other than oils can cause clogged pores.

I think it's ultimately what's best for your own skin. If you've been using the oil cleansers for a while and haven't seen any side effects, then it's safe to say it isn't going to break you out.
It's only necessary to cleanse once a day though. And the point of cleansing oils is that you combine make up removal and cleansing in one step. So a cleanser it is.

Cleansing oils cannot break you out at all...because you wash them off :lol: This one even lathers, so you can see if there's anything left on your face. People are ridiculously scared of putting oil on their faces. I use Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse on my face before going to bed, and I never ever break out. In fact I broke out a lot more before I started using oils on my face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->