Signature Looks by Various Designers

whatisasofe

Reaction score
So I am just breaking into the fashion world and I would like so advice on how to spot different designers. What designers do what pretty much. Its kinda of vague...but can you all give me advice on learning about different designers and their signature looks? :D

One thing you can do is to look at the old fashion houses that are still working to this day
(ie. Chanel, Dior...)

The designers that work in those houses nowadays often have to maintain the 'image' of the house, maintain those signatures, the style of the original designer.

for some time I was all the time trying to identify who-did-what as you mentioned... looking at archives or old pictures is really a good point, and not only from the older labels (you'll see how much some collections resemble from one year to another, even if it's just the make up, the hairstyle, the way a jacket is cut.... the little details!)

HOWEVER, and I tell you this because i've been through it (:wink: B)), i am 100% positive you won't have to do too much of an effort... it just comes naturally!! you spend your time at tFS (you needn't study it or memorizing) and you'll find yourself looking at the "stars wear runway looks" thread and saying I'VE SEEN THIS! and you'll remember the label, the season, and maybe the model who was wearing it on the runway, and what her make up looked like :lol:
...or maybe you'll be in the streets and you'll tell your friend "that's a Christian Lacroix skirt, from a couple of seasons ago", and he/she (in case he/she is not a devoted tFS) will tell you... "how do you know that? it's just a skirt!!"

whatever!! random thoughts and personal experiences :wink:
the best advice i can give you: don't EVER log out from the Fashion Spot! (i try not to)

:flower: WELCOME TO THE FASHION SPOT!

EDIT: i forgot to say... you will know you've acquainted the identifying skill, when walk by a Zara window and find out they don't just copy some of the looks as you had heard... BUT ALL OF THEM!

Last edited by a moderator:
haha great post borja !

i agree
it just comes in time ... seeing season after season
eventually it becomes natural to see things connected to other things...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zendayacomz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->