Simon Cowell blasts Jennifer Hudson

Diamond Star

Reaction score
From Yahoo! news:

Music mogul Simon Cowell has blasted Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson after she called American Idol "a stepping stone" - insisting she wouldn't have been cast in Dreamgirls without the US talent show.

Hudson was a contestant on Idol in 2004, but was voted off before the final. Over a year later, she auditioned for the role of Effie White in the big screen version of the musical Dreamgirls and was cast.

When Hudson accepted her Best Supporting Actress Oscar for Dreamgirls last weekend, Cowell was disappointed she declined to mention the show.
He says, "Jennifer Hudson said American Idol was a 'stepping stone' for her. Stepping stone? It was her big opportunity to become noticed and she got noticed and she got Dreamgirls.

"Singers like her deliberately turn against the show that made them successful. The reason (people) come on the show is because all the doors had been slammed in their face."

LOL! Simon is so silly. Isnt a "stepping stone" a situation, event, object, that takes you from where you were, and advances you to another level in life? If my definition is correct than Jennifer is indeed correct, it was a show that exposed her to America, and got her to the auditions of Dreamgirls, mind you even she was not whisked away into the studios of Dreamgirls, immediately offered the role, it took work, many auditions. I dont think she doubts that American Idol helped her get where she is.

^ Haha you're right...Simon literally defines "stepping stone" as he scoffs at Jennifer's "neglect." :rolleyes: :blink:

I think this article is probably made up- if they are talking about that Barbara Walters oscars favourites interview- she said American Idol was a stepping stone, and added that it got her the part in the movie because the people never would have known of a Jennifer Hudson to call if she hadn't been on American Idol

Well, I'd like to see what is next for her, career-wise...
Can her luck continue...

I would have thought there would be some cheer, aside from the career Kelly Clarkson made for herself after winning what has come of the other Idol winners? I'll stick with little or nothing... Good for Hudson I say, may be to early to tell what else will come but she's made a name for herself now!

I think Simon Cowell who has been in this industry for decades now knows a thing or two. He gave her a really nice shout out before the Oscars saying he had a gut feeling she was going to win and how great she was so it's not like he didn't want success for her. I just think he wishes a litte more humility for her with a side of publicity for his show perhaps?

But what else should she have called Idol BUT a stepping stone? She didn't say it was a pebble.

A stepping stone to not very much..let's be honest - Jennifer can't really sing (very flat, out of tune, too much vibrato, no control, no originality) and her acting as far as I'm concerned is dubious. I don't see her being cast in anything else of merit. Simon on the other hand seems to be going from strength to strength and doesn't need a little pop tart to further swell his head. So this article seems somewhat fictitious to me.

summerbreeze said:
I think Simon Cowell who has been in this industry for decades now knows a thing or two.

The greatest hit group Cowell ever signed were the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (he failed to sign the Spice Girls or Take That)... It's funny he has such a big mouth when is own career was basically a failure propped up by his dad's money.

LoveLetter said:
Well, I'd like to see what is next for her, career-wise...
Can her luck continue...

That is the big question.

I hope not. I've had enough of Jennifer Hudson and her undeserved Oscar. :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
*mette-marit* said:
I think this article is probably made up- if they are talking about that Barbara Walters oscars favourites interview- she said American Idol was a stepping stone, and added that it got her the part in the movie because the people never would have known of a Jennifer Hudson to call if she hadn't been on American Idol

I agree that this article might be made up, but I think that it's obvious that Simon loves to talk at the jib about anything AI.

^^ Yeah, me too... Those things happen all the time. I wonder what's the percentage of actually true gossip articles.

Burger King to J-Hud: Free Burgers for Life!

hudson-bk.jpg

Burger King has awarded Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson an all-you-can-eat pass for their fast food restaurants... for life! Have it your way... forever!

Hudson reacted to Simon Cowell's criticism of her for not thanking "American Idol" in her Oscar speech. She reportedly snapped back, "If I'd been any better at my job when I was at Burger King in my middle teens, I wouldn't be here either, so should I thank them, too?" Hudson worked at the BK on East 87th and State Street in Chicago. Burger King was her first job at age 16, where she worked with her sister, who claims she sang while working the drive-thru and flipping burgers.

In an exclusive statement to TMZ, Burger King responded to Hudson's beef, assuring her that no thanks is necessary, and awarded her with BK for life:

"...In response to Jennifer's recent comments in which she asked if she should be thanking Burger King, we say thanks, but no thanks are necessary. Burger King Corporation is proud of Jennifer's success and while we never like to lose employees, in this case, our loss is the entertainment industry's gain ... To further show our support for Jennifer, and make sure she never has to sing for her supper again, Burger King Corporation is giving her a pre-paid BK Crown Card that will be automatically reloaded for life."

Looks like a whopper of a win for Jennifer.

( image & source: http://www.tmz.com/2007/03/12/burger-king-to-j-hud-free-burgers-for-life/ )

^ It's obviously a calculated PR move on Burger King's part but I thought that her alleged response Simon's criticism was funny and somewhat immature. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->