Simone Rocha F/W 2018.19 London

I think it's time for her to explore a bit more, try new things, evolve the label. Don't get me wrong, this is still gorgeous and I'm all for having a strong signature, but her collections are starting to look a bit too same-y and loosing the impact it used to have for me.

Is it actually selling? Silhouettes remind me of Maison Margiela and Marni..

Just like every season: MEH.

I can't even understand why the press is paying attention to this.

If I were a client, I'd leave this brand at least two years ago. Girl, you need to drop this romantic-doll-cdg-dark vision as soon as possible. It's outdated already. She was funny and cute to see at the beginning but it looks like a joke now. Is she able to bring something new to the discussion? I don't think so. I believe she had found a successful niche and she's comfortable with that. I'd take the work of his father over this without doubt.

People complaining about Mary Katrantzou (I know her last years were quite awful in terms of collections) but at least she had the guts to try something different for the brand.

The sad part of this: Although this is a SNOOZE FEST, Sarah Mower has a soft spot for her and she'll probably get a place in the Top Ten Collections on Vogue, as always.

I can't think of any woman I know who would look good in this.

Gorgeous as usual and I love the darker vibes here. Yes, she might be doing the same silhouette each season but I find her clothes so beautiful to look at that I don't mind.

absolute brilliance...

yes- it's selling...
yes- people are wearing it...

she's doing amazingly well...

THIS IS FASHION...:heart:
i could cry from how beautiful it all is...
:wub:

You just cannot fault Simone Rocha's consistency. She has a very recognizable vocabulary, she crafts incredible pieces of clothing and they do sell indeed. When you dissect the looks you are left with beautiful coats, pants, shirts and blouses that are romantic, have a strong signature and would elevate any outfit.

That aside, I have to agree with Marc10 about wanting Simone to experiment a bit more. Or perhaps return to her simpler years of 2014 to 2016 where light was shone on individual pieces as opposed to a lot of tulle and layering as it is now. I believe it would stimulate her to think outside the box and focus again on the essence of shape and cut with less ornaments.

she has the career tao should have gotten

i see why you would say that...

tao is still doing tricot though and it's really lovely as well...
simone managed to somehow be more accessible --- while she creates very unique things, she hasn't created an entirely new design vocabulary the way most of the comme designers do...
i think it makes it easier for people to understand and wear...

:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Her collection for moncler she just did is a little better

British (Irish) Gothic is GLORIOUS! :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back