Simone Rocha S/S 2019 London

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Sep 16, 2018.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

3. Not Plain Jane

Not Plain Jane Well-Known Member

this is rather ... dolce-ish?
    not my fave simone rocha collection.

4. Ruito

Ruito Member

I personally love the collection, of course she continues with her very romantic aesthetic, but how can you resist such glorious clothes. And the veils, I'm in awe!

5. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

The leading lady of LFW! May be completely out of place in London in terms of vocabulary and talent, but Simone Rocha proves how much diversity there in this market.
    I can see why Jane thinks it's Dolce-ish, but really, they could only wish to capture their kitschy crap so masterfully. Love the proportions, the prints look glorious, and she makes an excellent case for intellectual luxe chic.

6. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

I just don’t get it with her. This looks like she wishes she were Comme des Garcons.

And it’s just like....what are you doing putting furry and feathery slides on the runway at this point? That is so incredibly unimaginative and over-played....

7. educo

educo Active Member

The fabrications are beautiful, but I'm tired of seeing the same cinched bag-like silhouettes and those furry slides!

8. YohjiAddict

YohjiAddict Active Member

Won me with that first look, precious, naive with slight sinister twist and wearable enough as to not look absurd. Another favorite was the white look with an orange embroidered overlay, so chic. I'm a sucker for a good veil, I love how it gives the looks a demure sophistication and helps build this idea of this cloying ornamentation swallowing the models. Love the casting and my heart melted when I saw Sarah Grace, she carries her clothes perfectly.

Those giant hat/veil combos at the end reminded me of Junya's S/S 03, one of my favorite shows, done in a less kitschy manner.

Another amazing show, if only I could buy her issue of "A magazine curated by" to further inmerse myself in her vision.

9. blackcherrified

Someone on Twitter pointed out that Simone Rocha got her Chinese history wrong. She said she was inspired by the Tang dynasty, but she actually used references and artworks from the Qing dynasty, both dynasties are more than 600 years apart with distinctively different style of fashion and art.

Read this entire thread on Twitter.

10. Nomar

Nomar Well-Known Member

What a great collection. The print is gorgeous and I love how she's referencing her English and Chinese heritage.

11. Pricciao

Pricciao Active Member

It could be both. The graphic and embroidery are clearly Qing references. But in terms of volume, Tang dynasty is noted for their love of figures and puffy silhouette.

Benn98 likes this.
  12. helmutnotdead

helmutnotdead Active Member

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

13. Vitamine W

Vitamine W Well-Known Member

I can tell it's well designed, intricately made and all within a clear conceptual context but it's all so fugly to me. The clothes are eating up most of the models.