Simone Rocha S/S 2022 London

A wardrobe for porcelain dolls (with some "limited edition" Comme des Garçons looks here and there)...

This is okay, certainly way too Rei Kawakubo and Marc Jacobs inspired.

She's also the only one that I consistently look forward to in London...this time I'm not feeling it, it's lacking in cohesion and when that happens to her, it just feels like an explosion took place in a ribbon/lace/brocade factory or a christening robe workshop. I thought the fall show with its use of leather felt like a welcomed change of airs and it would have been good to see more of that hard-edged romanticism.

I do have a soft spot for the granny cardigan paired with blood red latex boots , look 6 and the closing look. The wedding cake shoes are not for me...let's leave it at that.

I can't decide with her bc sometimes I like what she is going for, but I always feel there's a mess factor with her clothes

Very little said in this collection, though in my book that is totally fine. I believe this need to hear or deliver a new narrative every single few months is tiresome. Just stay true to your vision and build on it. This work is an addition to a story that has been in the works for a few years now. It is wild to look back at her early work and compare it to the present- truly unrecognizable. When you see the actual clothes in person you fall in love even more. I was in the shop in Soho a couple months ago and sadly it was empty, not a single client, but the clothing was amazing. So romantic, feminine, I dare say dreamy. Love Simone, love her work.

When you see the actual clothes in person you fall in love even more. I was in the shop in Soho a couple months ago and sadly it was empty, not a single client, but the clothing was amazing. So romantic, feminine, I dare say dreamy. Love Simone, love her work.

Came here to say something similar. I can see that the clothes/styling can look a bit messy, as someone mentioned above, when you just see photos from the runway, but in person they are beautiful. Often with several other brands, I have the opposite reaction. If I wore feminine clothing and had the budget I'd be shopping Simone every season.

Out of all the Victorian-esque collections with ruffles and lace we bare witness to during London Fashion Week, Simone Rocha always feels far more elevated, refined and polished in comparison with the rest. This season is no different (and it's not even to my taste)!

Lots of dreamy pieces.
Though, as much as I like her aesthetic, there's very few people who are into it and even fewer people who can pull it off, sadly.

Reactions: KoV
It looks identical season after season. I need to understand who her customer is because I don't see people shopping for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->