Simone Shubuck : Illustrator & Fine Artist

Reaction score
One of my favorite Artists, Based in New York & Graduated from the San Francisco Art Institute in 1993, Simone's artworks discipline and range from small intricate drawings to mixed media sculptures and installations.

I was drawn to how she assembles and thinks about constructing a piece or design, her use of organic materials and sources from natural surroundings and their tactility. She embarks on the idea of responding to concepts of flotsam and ephemera, and variates the use around flat surface illustration with delicate layered scenes and dimensional sculpture which deals with conflicting themes of traditional beauty and raw beauty, compulsive energy and impulsive energy, seriousness and humor. The contrast of drawing together intricacy and unusual materials compliment her personalized quality of work, which are of most beautifully built and filled in pieces.

Her work has been shown at Whitebox (2004), Leo Koenig and Bellwether in Brooklyn (2003), Alleged Galleries, New York (2001) and Rocket Gallery in Tokyo.

SS-Monifruittree05_b.jpg
SS-disorganizedattachme05_b.jpg

Monifruit Tree
Mixed Media On Paper
http://www.lflgallery.com/simoneshubuck_2004.html

Disorganized Attachment
Mixed Media On Paper
Same Source.

Thanks to you sphagnum.esplanade for introducing this artist, interesting artworks!
The two white hinds, symmetrically drawned reminded me the "Dame à la Licorne" of Musée de Cluny
licorne_musee_cluny.jpg
©Musée de Cluny

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WesleyWong
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->