Singer Ayumi Hamasaki announces deafness

paperbag

vogue
Reaction score
6tl9m4m.jpg

Source: BBC NEWS

I can't believe this has happened to her. She's my favorite singer. :(
It's been a bad year for her. First her boyfriend of seven years breaks up with her and then her best friend dies and now this!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayumi_Hamasaki

Her message on her blog after the announcement:

Umm...
No.205 January 5th, 2008 (Saturday) 1:13am

The volume of messages from you all is amazing, I decided to post again.

"Mhmm" ... "Hey," ... "Yea..."

I have always, as much as I can, meant to keep honestly conveying my own feelings with my own words. I think you all definitely understand this.

Yes...right, I believe.
That's why...I write.
I write things I keep only in my heart, not even telling my beloved family members nor my staff.

Actually, no...strictly speaking, that's not true.
I only told my friend Mika John
That my left ear cannot hear anymore.

I thought of going to the hospital because I felt distinctly that something strange happened to my ear.
I thought it was the earphone monitors and told the people around me I wanted to switch to new ones.

Honestly, when the doctor told me that there is no treatment and that it's too late, my mind went blank.
In my heart somewhere, I sincerely felt that if I just make the time necessary for surgery, my ear would be able to hear again.

But I was wrong.

I remember the doctor's eyes even now.
They looked regretful and apologetic.

So, I laughed.

I didn't know why, but I said "I thought so", and laughed.
Surrounded by my beloved staff inside the hospital room, everything returned to silence.

But, please, I don't want you to read this with pessimism.

I have accepted this reality.

And, I want you to understand somehow that I'm not despairing, but that the light of my hopes shines forth.

Because, you've told me that you will become my left ear.
You've told me that, so that I'll be able to hear more and more, you'll shout out for me.

Hey...

So, with my remaining right ear, I'm gonna do this.
I'm not at all straining myself.
To me, it's my happiness.

Worrying is useless!!!!!!!!!!!

From here on, I'm going to keeping running forward like this~~~~~!!!
But, let's keep running together~~~~~~!!!!!!

I want to show you my dreams.
Unending, unfading.
I want to show you that kind of dream.
That is my wish.

Thank you, everyone, everyone, everyone...

Let's do it, 10th year anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Source: Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my gosh. That sucks. I was a big fan of hers a couple of years back, too. (Now everything she sings sounds rather similar...)

Do they have any operations for tinnitus?

Ive never heard of her before so I just listened to some of her work.Hope that this doesnt completly effect her singing she's pretty good.

Ive never heard of her before so I just listened to some of her work.Hope that this doesnt completly effect her singing she's pretty good.

She's like the Japanese version of Madonna. She's that popular in Japan. And all of her records have hit #1 on the Japanese Billboard Charts (Oricon). If you guys want to listen to her, I recommend her latest CD 'GUILTY' it's really good! Her albums 'Loveppears' (more electronic) 'Duty' (more pop) and 'I am...' (more rockish) are fan favorites so those are good too. ^_^

^ Thats news to me you learn something new everyday Thanks!:smile:

OMG I love her...at least it's not both ears though...

She's like the Japanese version of Madonna. She's that popular in Japan. And all of her records have hit #1 on the Japanese Billboard Charts (Oricon). If you guys want to listen to her, I recommend her latest CD 'GUILTY' it's really good! Her albums 'Loveppears' (more electronic) 'Duty' (more pop) and 'I am...' (more rockish) are fan favorites so those are good too. ^_^

I wouldn't even stop at comparing her to Madonna! It's kind of scary how popular she is.:shock: I mean, she's been at the very top of the most youth centered industry in the world (Japanese idols/musicians) for a decade. That's a huge feat.

On a side note, her personal statement is so inspirational.:flower:

^ I think it's because she always constantly re-invents herself. She's always on Oricon's Top 10 Best Dressed List and she's been on Vogue Nippon twice so I think that as well as her sincerity and her lyrics are the keep her to the top.

This rumor has been around for so long and now it's finally confirmed.

Personally I am not a fan of Ayu's music nor her voice for that matter, I appreciate her efforts and upward mobility.

I'm feeling bad for her. It's a pity to see that happened to such an artist.

i just read that the stock price of her company AVEX dropped down right after this news was released....
she is REALLY big!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellison1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->