Single People - Left Hand Rings?

I wear one on my left ring finger all the time because it's a ring that symbolizes purity. I wear the ring on that finger as long as I'm a virgin, kinda like a True Love Waits ring but much prettier.

misstimberlake said:
I had heard from somewhere that a vein going straight to your heart is located on your left hand and runs from your ring finger.
It's not true.

The story goes that the ancient Greeks believed it so, but the only reason I can think for this non-truth having survived the test of time, is that you'll know whether you're going into cardic arrest from a pain shooting down your left arm and hand - that is, unless you're a rare case, whose heart is failing on the right...

I'm so romantic. :P

I just realized most of my rings are lucite(y), and very unlikely to be mistaken for anything compensatory enough to elicit a binding contract... shame.

There's something fishy about diamonds, anyway, I think...

I thought you just wore it on your left hand because you usually use your left hand to cook and clean... and clean yourself..

I know in some parts of West Africa they'll paint only their left hand because it's the clean hand.

I don't wear any rings. Maybe I would if I had a diamond ring but I don't :lol:

I wouldnt were a ring on my left hand only because i wouldnt wanr guys thinking i was married or anything like that

tiamaria said:
I wouldnt were a ring on my left hand only because i wouldnt wanr guys thinking i was married or anything like that

The habit of wearing your wedding band on the left or right hand varies per country and even per region within the country, so i think it has lost its meaning altogether. I can't think of anyone who would think you are married if you wore rings on your left hand :question: . I am married and never wear my wedding band because I prefer my big chunky rings, and my husband never wears his either (bought it too big and slips off).

It's fair to say, most people would assume a band of gold worn on the left hand to be a wedding ring, where Tia lives at least (England).

My parents' wedding rings were designed by a Polish goldsmith who lived in some slum with them, I've never seen them though, so I think that either they've lost them or they're not really married (in which case, they celebrated not really being married for 35 years yesterday, if I remember correctly).

jennifer~ said:
I just realized most of my rings are lucite(y), and very unlikely to be mistaken for anything compensatory enough to elicit a binding contract... shame.

There's something fishy about diamonds, anyway, I think...

:clap: :clap: :clap: There is, there is, and its name is deBeers :P

There are a number of people who wear wedding rings on their right hand here. Some are men who work with their hands, and for whatever reason, the right hand is safer than the left (could get caught in machinery). Some people have multiple rings associated with their marriage, and wear one on the left, one on the right. Some people wear wedding rings of relatives on their right hand. Some people who are divorced I have noticed wearing a ring on the right hand that looks a lot like a wedding or engagement ring. Many gay men wear silver wedding rings on their right hands.

I do tend to leave my left ring finger ring-free, but perhaps I shouldn't. I usually wear rings period on my right hand ... for some reason they feel more comfortable there, I guess because that's where I've been wearing them all my life. Sometimes I wear a left pinky ring.

I wear a ring on my left hand even though im not married. As thats a special finger I save it only for sentimental things. My grandfather bought me a ruby ring for christmas and i wear that on my left hand as its sentimental, especially now that he has been diagnosed with lung cancer. Its like having a piece of him with me at all times. I dont care what it says to men, its what it says to me that counts.

Does anyone know if there is any significance to wearing a black ring on the left ring finger? I saw someone who was married, and had a gold wedding band but then started to wear a black ring. I never asked what it meant.

I wear a white gold band on my left middle finger all the time and people have asked me if that meant I'm engaged. I'm not. I also wear rings on the middle and ring fingers on the right. Would not really care what people think actually. I'd just wear the rings on whichever finger feels the most comfortable on.

I wear my ring on my right hand its from my dad it has diamond and emerald on it. many guys were asking if I'm engage or something... and i just smile because i'm getting tired of explaining that it's from my dad

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->