Sketch books of Designers

Samaki

Reaction score
As a fashoin designer, I will keep a notebook/sketch book around me, but actually I seldom draw full set of clothes there...... , I mean when I start sketching collection, I tend to sit down in my work place and use a A4 or A3. I always keep the sketchbook for writing.... sometimes sketching some things I found interesting.....

I wanna know how many designers always draw the clothes or they will think of the clothes when they are on the bus, sitting in the cafe..... and really draw the clothes out?
And how you guys use your sketchbook?

im not a designer but i am a fashion student. if i have pen and paper with me, which i usually do, and if the idea is very strong, i will doodle the idea down quickly and draw it again on a better paper with better quality.
im pretty sure most designers, draw out the ideas...how else can you explain your idea to the seamtresses other than actual samples you did yourself.
but like you, i generally write down inspirations and develop the ideas when im sitted in front of my sketchbook

I have a massive sketch book which I have print outs of stuff that interests and inspires me. When im designing though I usually sketch on random A4 pies of paper hanging around my desk, I dont usually keep my scribbles and often wonder that I should.

i use a sketchbook just for gathering info too
words, ideas, inspiring pictures

the pictures sometimes get put into a bigger 'collage' to hang
this is what helps it become cohesive.
and i also prefer drawing final designs on big paper

welcome to tFS, Samaki !

I use my sketchbook to draw, i barely write something in there, mostly i draw the ideas that come up to my mind or some random stuff such as geometric figures, etc. My strongest ideas appear when i'm gonna sleep so i always keep some pen and paper on my desk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jenn888
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->