Skin Food

Reaction score
Skin Food is a South Korean store that sells skincare and make-up created from natural ingredients. One of their best-selling products is Aloe Sun BB Cream, which became quite popular when lots of people around the world were raving about it as one of the best quality BB creams sold for a reasonable price.

Here is the English version of their website: http://eng.theskinfood.com/

I remember the first time I tried this BB cream, I was sent a free sample of their apple cider vinegar face wash. It was wonderful and, since then, I have always been curious to try more of their products. However, Skin Food does not exist outside of Asia and I am on the other side of the world in an area filled with sticky-fingered postmen and women, so getting their stuff is kind of challenging.

Does anyone else out there like Skin Food? Have you tried many of their products? How would you rate them? If you've tried several things, what would be your favourites? If you've also tried Lush and The Body Shop products, how would you say Skin Food products compare?

:clap: Skin Food is great!

Works like a charm!
Never oily!

I use the sunscreen (Broccoli Sun Cream SPF 42 PA+++) and Rich Cream Food Therapy.

my photos

They are practically odorless. They are extremely hydrating! And it's nice to know that it's filled with "nutritive and energetic ingredients." :lol: (Got that from the bottle!)

Skinfood has recently come to the US, so maybe more people will become interested. Since I am now in Asia it is a lot easier to buy Skinfood (although it is now relatively more expensive than it would be in Europe or North America). I hope that they are in Europe once I return. :smile:

Some things I've tried or received samples of and what I think:

- Aloe Sun BB Cream
Good coverage, leaves skin feeling silky smooth and soft after removing. Looks fairly natural, but even the darker of the two tones available can look ghostly if I get the slightest tan. Helped to slightly fade some hyperpigmentation marks from brown and purple to normal tone and red and pink.

- Peach Sake Pore Serum
Really does smell of peach sake. A small dollop goes a long way. Sinks into skin well, non-greasy.

- Tomato Whitening Spot Serum
Hardly any scent. Only requires a small dot on the spots you want to fade. Can't say if it does anything yet though.

- Black Sugar Mask Wash-off
Grainy, dark. Did not feel too rough on the skin. Washed away easily. Left skin feeling wonderfully smooth and soft.

- Ancient Rice Toner
Did not have a strong smell, was gentle on skin and got off invisible dirt that my previous Lush toner did not!

- Ancient Rice Serum
Cannot speak on whether its anti-wrinkle properties work since it's only a sample, but was non-greasy and soaked into skin fairly quickly.

- Acai Berry Mask
Smells nice, like blackberries, gives skin a tingling feeling when applied and leaves it feeling soft and refreshed.

- Honey Black Tea Jelly Foam
Smelt of honey. Not an overpowering smell, though. My husband normally hates any smelly skincare product and actually asked what I had put on my face because it smelt nice! Comes out like a gel and lathers up well. Feels soft and silky. Is moisturising and is supposed to help prevent build-up in pores (blackheads) and revitalise skin. It did feel very refreshing, but I cannot say if it helped with blackheads unless I were to use it longer. Only had a sample, but considering buying another time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->