Skincare Products For Men? Questions, recommendations and favorites

I've actually been thinking about trying the Shiseido stuff, I first saw it a few weeks ago at Coin...

Will let you know if it seems good if I do buy some stuff!

Originally posted by tott@Mar 24th, 2004 - 8:42 pm
I've actually been thinking about trying the Shiseido stuff, I first saw it a few weeks ago at Coin...

Will let you know if it seems good if I do buy some stuff!
oh please do try it tott and let me know,
i want to buy for a friend and i'd like to have an opinion

(i'm a shiseido junky myself, lots and lots of "future solution" jars since they debuted )

Hmmm... I must try this shiseido stuff. But people tell me that I look young, so maybe the cheaper stuff is still working out for me. :lol:

OK, I bought the Shiseido Men Cleansing Foam. I like it a lot, it's the best of its kind I've tried. My skin usually feels very dry and taut after I've washed my face, but only ever so slightly using this cleanser. It feels very good for my skin! :heart: it!

I made sure I got a sample of the Total Revitalizer, the anti-ageing cream. It feels more like a thin gel than a cream; it has a quite slippery feel and just gliiiiiides on, a little really does go a long way. It creates a filmy layer which turns very smooth and matte after a moment. Looks and feels really nice!

What I don't like is that the cream makes my face (especially forehead) feel a little bit stiff... Might be proof that it's working some magic, or not hydrating enough or something? I don't know, I haven't had time to evaluate these products thoroughly... They do seem to be nice!

The biggest drawback IMO is that these products don't contain sun screen. Or if they do, they don't advertise it.

welldone tott, glad to know the products are worth it
and thanks for coming back with the good news.

what if the Revitaliser is for night?
most of them work better during sleep hours..

i'm definatly getting the cleansing thing for my friend Frederic :heart:

maybe you should ask them regarding the sunscreen,
all products have sunscreen so i cant see how those will be without
Shiseido skin technology rules :blush:

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 26th, 2004 - 10:54 pm
what if the Revitaliser is for night?
most of them work better during sleep hours..

i'm definatly getting the cleansing thing for my friend Frederic :heart:

maybe you should ask them regarding the sunscreen,
all products have sunscreen so i cant see how those will be without
Shiseido skin technology rules :blush:
The Revitalizer is for day as well as night, men's skincare keep it simple. Not too many complicated steps because men aren't used to following daily/nightly multiple-step programs...

All products do not contain sun screen, unfortunately... You'd think they would, but they don't.

:wacko:

Just to make sure, I'll ask! :wink:

Originally posted by Lena@Mar 24th, 2004 - 12:41 am
lucky guys, Sisheido just took out a mens line, i bet it will be the best :wink:
i got some samples of it today......but dont really understand the science of it :unsure:

apparently you apply hydrating lotion on top of the t-zone to regulate it

I use Erno Lazlo it's really super I get it at Saks but they have it at Space NK as well as Harrods but I don'tr really like Harrods I would buy it from Fortum Mason or Harvey Nichols...but I also have great skin so I don't really don't have to do too much with it thank God...I never really noticed I had good skin until I went shopping for skin care products and the sales ladys would always say my skin is so lovely :blush: I would assume someone selling skin care wouldn't say something like that to someone thats looking to buy products as they tend to point out all the bad spots on your face and tell you wot you need to do to treat them.

pffffffft

I LOVE my St. Ives Whipped Silk

it's cheaper than practically everything mentioned here and it works phenomenally... at least on my skin!

Kiehl's stuff is good, but really, I can't afford it.

Originally posted by ahhGucci@Jan 31st, 2004 - 12:07 pm
Well, I hear Acne Cream is a very good skin 'treatment'.
I personally like the Aramis LabSeries. It is in my veiw, the best all round skin cleanser. Astral moisturiser is good.
Ooops, this post was a bit confusing. Aramis Lab series isnt Acne cream by the way.

Originally posted by Acid@Mar 28th, 2004 - 6:26 am
nader, you're so adorable :heart:
awwww

thanks :smile: you are too, to say the least. I mean, not many people can be in a pic (let alone look as good in the pic) with Mrs. Moss B)

you should see how adorable i am when I smell "orchard fresh" from the whipped silk. It smells sooooo good green apples mmmgmmmmm :woot:

i am having trouble with my skin, the majority of my breakouts are on my forehead. I don't use any styling products so it can't be the cause...in addition my forehead has a darker tone than the rest of my face! someone help! tahnks!

The concept of men's cosmetics is completely lost on me. Beard shader, get real! :rolleyes:
I know somebody who dyes their goatee and think it's absolutely ridiculous.
As far as skin care, sure, but nothing that's not already out there.
I think it's kind of funny how "butch-y" their models look.

face powder???
whatever :lol:

i dont see why men need different products to women. its all the same no?
i can understand if a guy has really hard rouch skin because they need a higher strength formula cleanser, but apart from that its all the same sh*t

I have found Gaultier's Le Beau Male line to work quite well. However some of their items can be overly fragranced.

But for skincare I use women's, specifically la Prairie.

Sephora has a good selection of men's skincare lines. They don't have cosmetics that I know of except for sunless tanning stuff, but they sell some of the best men's skincare products. Anthony, Zirh and Lab Series are all great.

Spike, have u ever tried Zirh shaving products? they kick ***!
the oil and cream are amazing

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"